Why book in advance the Inca Trail 2020
Doing the Inca Trail is one of the 10 best trails in the world, which is subject to an advance planning. Permits for the Inca Trail are very limited, and the permits for the months of April, May, June and July can be sold in a couple of hours once these are for sale. So we warned all people, Trekkers and adventurers who wish to make this great trek, that permits for the Classic Inca Trail 4D / 3N for the year 2020 will be on sale in October 2019.
Below you can find the guidelines of what you need to know to have a space very well booked for the Inca Trail.
What do i need to get, to do the Inca Trail?
To be able to do the Inca Trail you need a permit issued by the Peruvian government, in this permit is included the entrance to Machu Picchu.
Can i get this permit by myself?
The Peruvian government only grants permits for the Inca Trail to certified tour operators, in this case Local Trekkers Peru, will obtain these permits for all its passengers. According to availability at the time of booking.
How many Trekkers are allowed per day to do the Inca Trail?
The Peruvian government only delivers 500 spaces or permits per day, all people including guides, porters and cooks, need one of these 500 permits to enter the Inca Trail, this means that only about 250 passengers will be able to do the Inca Trail every day.
Can i change my Inca trail start date once I have booked a permit?
The start date of your walk can not be changed for any reason, the Peruvian government does not allow us to change the start date once we have obtained the permit. In addition, the permits can not be transferred to another person.
With how much time in advance I have to book this trek?
If you wish to do the Inca Trail on 2020 you need to book AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, because the permits for the year 2020 will be put on sale at the beginning of October 2019, and permits for the months of April, May, June and July can be sold in a couple of hours once these are for sale.
Should I wait until October to book this hike?
Not, book in advance will ensure you get a permit for your requested start date. The government is changing the rules all the time about when they will release permits and you want all your details in our system so we are ready for the moment we are notified. Plus, booking now ensures you get our current prices for next years trek.
Can you guarantee my start date of trek?
Unfortunately not because the Inca Trail has great demand but reserving with us, we guarantee that we will do everything in our power to start your trek on your chosen date. For the last two years we have been 98% successful in getting everyne’s first choice for a start date, that is why you need to send us in advance all the necesary thing we requiere from you before to get a permit.
Why Booking this Trek with Local Trekkers Peru.
We have a great human team, which will make it possible for your expectations to be overcome. We work very hard to obtain permits for all our clients on the requested dates. Our reservation team is ready from now to apply for permits once they are on sale, so do not wait too much and do not run out of permits and book already the Inca Trail 2020. Don’t forget we are Local Trekkers Peru, your company 100% Cusqueño.
Here you can see all the details of the tour:
DAY 01: CUSCO – PISKACUCHO Km 82 – WAYLLABAMBA OR AYAPATA
We will pick you up from your Lodgment in Cusco, and we leave from Cusco around 5:00 am. and travel to Urubamba where we will stop briefly at Ollantaytambo where you can buy last minute gear and personal needing here you can order your breakfast in a local restaurant, then we move on to Piskacuchu (Km 82) which is the beginning of the Inca Trail. This day you will walk for about 6 to 7 hours, the 2 first hours we walk until the biggest archaeological site of the Inca Trail “Patallacta” which is an amazing Inca ruins where your guide will explain you about this ancient ruins, from here we continue for another 2 more hours walk to our lunch place. After lunch we will walk for another 2h 30 min. or 3 hours until to get to the first campsite, Wayllabamba (3000 masl) or Ayapata (3300 masl) (campsites are designated for the Ministry of Culture according to availability at the time of booking your Inca Trail).
BEAR IN MIND:
- Walking distance: 14km = 8,7 miles
- Walking hours: 6 to 7 hours
- Initial Altitude: Km.82 = 2750 masl = 9022 feet.
- Highest Point: 3300 masl = 10827 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Wayllabamba = 3000 masl = 9842 feet. Ayapata= 3300 masl = 10827 feet
- Place to Visit: Patallacta Ruins.
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: A Moderate Cold.
DAY 02: WAYLLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA – CHAQUICOCCHA
We’ll start the day, early in the morning, your cook will wake you up with a cup of coca leaf tea, after breakfast we start this day early just to take advantage of the shade of the mountains, its much better to hike up to the highest point of the Inca Trail. For most of the trekkers, this is the hardest and longest day along the whole Inca Trail. Here, we can literally see the various ecological zones and microclimates, which make up the area, mapped out in front of us. We will cross the Warmiwañusca pass or Dead woman pass located at 4,200 meters/13,780 feet above sea level. After a break, we have to continue into the Pacaymayu Valley where you will appreciate the Peruvian Andes in its maximum splendor where you will see streams and small waterfalls also is in this area where we are going to take our delicious lunch. After lunch we have to continue to the next pass Runcuraccay Pass (4000 masl. = 13123 feet) but tin this case we do a stop in a small Inca Ruin of the same name Runcuraccay where you will have an interesting explanation from your guide about this amazing ruin. Then we will continue on to the Chaquiccocha campsite, where we will enjoy dinner and a well-deserved rest after a long and hard day trek.
BEAR IN MIND
- Walking distance: 16 km = 10 miles
- Walking hours: 7 to 8 hours
- Initial Altitude: Wayllabamba = 3000 masl = 9842 feet.
- Highest Point: Dead woman pass= 4200 masl = 13780 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Chaquiccocha = 3600 masl = 11811 feet.
- Place to Visit: Runcuraccay Ruins
- Physical Grading: 5/5
- Weather: Cold.
DAY 03: CHAQUICOCHA – WIÑAYWAYNA
This day begins with a nutritious breakfast very early in the morning, for most of trekkers this day is considered as the most beautiful day along the Inca Trail, We walk for around 2 hours along What we call “Inca Flat” along the way we will have a beautiful view of the the Amazing Salkantay snowcapped mountain and the beautiful Vilcabamba mountain range. after ending the Inca Flat we get until to third and last highest point which is Phuyupatamarca (Town in the clouds) located at 3,650 m.a.s.l. or 11,975 feet. After this part we get into the cloud forest, where we can see small streams, small waterfalls, trees like palms, orchids, bromeliads, birds like parrots and parakeets, flora and fauna typical of a tropical climate. After lunch, we will head to the ruins of Wiñaywayna (Forever young) which is the most spectacular Inca site on the trail after Machu Picchu and the most popular campsite because of its proximity to Machu Picchu. We will do our last campsite close to Wiñaywayna.
It is in this campsite where the job of the porters and the cook ends, and it is the exact point to say goodbye to them and to thank them for the excellent job they have done.
BEAR IN MIND
- Walking distance: 10 km = 6,2 miles
- Walking hours: 5 to 6 hours
- Initial Altitude: Chaquiccocha = 3600 masl = 11811 feet.
- Highest Point: Phuyupatamarca = 3650 masl = 11975 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Wiñaywayna = 2650 masl = 8694 feet.
- Place to Visit: Phuyupatamarca and Intipata (Terraces of the Sun)
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: Warm and Humid.
DAY 04: WIÑAYWAYNA – sUN gATE – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
This day we are going to visit the majestic citadel of Machu Picchu after an early breakfast, we say goodbye to our porters and our cookman then we begin the final leg of the trek to the lost city of Machupicchu. First, we will hike to Inti Punku (“Sun Gate”), where we will take in an inspiring and panoramic view of the Machupicchu citadel. After a short hike down to Machupicchu, we will register and then enjoy a 2-hours guided tour of the sanctuary-city. After the tour of Machupicchu, you can explore Machupicchu the rest of the day by yourself, after you have already had a great experience visiting Machu Picchu you can take the bus down (Optional) or walk to Aguas Calientes where we can enjoy your lunch (optional) and free time to enjoy the town before returning to Cusco by train. It takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. We leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train, we will provide you the touristic class train, the train departure times can be in between 3:00 pm to 8:30 pm. it depends of the availability of the spaces.
BEAR IN MIND
- Walking distance: 07 km = 4,3 miles
- Walking hours: 3 to 4 hours
- Initial Altitude: Wiñaywayna = 2650 masl = 8694 feet.
- Highest Point: Inti Punku (Sun Gate) = 2730 masl = 8957 feet.
- Machupicchu Altitude: 2400 masl = 7874 feet.
- Place to Visit: Sun Gate, Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes town.
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Humid and Hot.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- All Entrances and Permits for the Inca Trail.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before.
- Porters to carry all camping equipment and kitchen stuff
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco, Urubamba or Ollantaytambo
- Private transportation to go to the Trail Head
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each member of the group.
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Four season tents (2 trekkers in each one) you will have enough space to put things inside
- Camping equipment (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu.(it has an extra cost of 70 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in some campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner.
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra Porter to carry extra backpacks each Porter is allowed to carry only 12 Kilos from your Personal stuff (150 dollars per Porter)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport.
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum).
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number).
- Day Pack.
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho.
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day).
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Bottle of Water.
- Flash Light.
- Toilet Paper.
- Sun Block.
- Sun Glasses.
- Caps or Hats.
- Gloves (for the first and second day).
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended).
- Sleeping Bags.
- Walking sticks.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.