DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA (Humantay Lake) – CHAULLAY
We pick you up around 3:00 am from your hotel and then we travel in our private bus to mollepata and then to Soraypampa where we will have breakfast prepared by our chef and where is the beginning of this trek. We walk for about 1 hour to visit the beautiful Humantay Lake, where you will enjoy a spectacular view of this lake and the snowcaped mountain of the same name. After this we have to descent to Soraypampa to start the ascent of 4 hours to the Highest point (Salkantay Pass = 4630 masl = 15190 feet) before to arrive the highest point we do a stop in Soyroqocha where we will have the lunch with the beautiful capped mountain salkantay; (6271 masl/20575 feet) once in the Salkantay Pass your guide will perform a andean ceremony to say thanks to the Pachamama (Mother earth). After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) for another 4 more hours through a dramatic cloud forest towards our second campsite, chaullay (2900 mals = 9514 feet).
BEAR IN MIND
- Walking distance: 21km = 13 miles
- Walking hours: 8 to 9 hours
- Initial Altitude: Soraypampa = 3800 masl = 12467 feet.
- Highest Point: Salkantay Pass = 4630 masl = 15190 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Place to Visit: Soiroqocha, Huayracmachay, chawllay
- Physical Grading: 5/5
- Weather: Cold in the morning and Moderate fresh in the night
DAY 02: CHAULLAY – PLAYA – SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
After our delicious breakfast we continue the trek to Playa Sahuayacco we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks until to reach Playa Sauayacco walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits, plants and as soon as we are at la Playa Sahuayacco we take a local car to get Hydroelectric station train, where it’s going to be our last lunch spot, after lunch we have to continue walking 3 more hours by following the rail road to Aguas Calientes. Once in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) we will check into our Hotel and after we settled in our hotel, we will have a dinner in a local restaurant, during this dinner your guide will give you a briefing for the visit to Machu Picchu the next morning.
Note: This day instead to walk from Chaullay to Playa Sahuayacco, you can arrange with your guide to take a local transport to Santa Teresa to enjoy the Natural Hot Spring that this town has to offer you.
BEAR IN MIND
- Walking distance: 16 km = 10 miles
- Walking hours: 6 hours
- Initial Altitude: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Highest Point: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Aguas Calientes = 2050 masl = 6726 feet.
- Place to Visit: Huayracmachay, chawllay
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Hot and Humid.
DAY 3: THE UNFORGETTABLE VISIT TO MACHU PICCHU.
This day will be one of the most important and memorable days of your lives, because you will visit one of the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times “Machu Picchu” for which, after breakfast at your hotel, you need to walk up for about 1 h 40 min, (Bus up is optional) once in Machu Picchu your guide will explain you the story and the main places of Machu Picchu for about two hours and then is the end of the guide’s job then you will get free time to have plenty of time to explore Machu Picchu by yourself (you can climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu) these excursions are optional you must let us know in advance if you want to climb up one of these mountains because spaces for these mountains are limited. After enjoying Machu Picchu you must go back to Aguas Calientes and wait for your train to Ollantaytambo, it takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. We leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train, we will provide you the touristic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. it depends of the availability of the spaces.
BEAR IN MIND
- Machu Picchu Altitude: 2400 masl = 7874 feet.
- Place to Visit: Machu Picchu, Huaynapicchu Mountain, Montaña Machu Picchu
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Humid and Hot.
- Meal Included: Breakfast in the Hotel.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco
- Private transportation to go to the Trail Head
- Andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth on the Salkantay Pass
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes. (private room, wifi, hot shower, cable Tv.)
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Horses or mules and muleteer to carry camping equipments and cooking stuff
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 08 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- Four season tents (2 trekkers in each one) you will have enough space to put things inside
- Camping equipment (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- Inflatable air mattresses
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Santa Teresa (10 soles per person)
- Transport to go to the Natural hotspring of Santa Teresa (20 soles per person)
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu. (it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in every campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra horse or mule to carry extra backpacks or to ride until the second campsite (150 dollars per horse or mule)
- Tips for the team (Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum)
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day)
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
We Leave Everyday Upon Request we need only 2 of you to start this tour
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|500 USD$||450 USD$||430 USD$||420 USD$||400 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.