Day 1: Cusco – Marco Caza – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake.
We are going to pick you up from your hotel from 4:30 to 5:00 am in the Morning and then we will be travelling in our private transport for about 3 hours to Mollepata where you wil have breakfast this first breakfast is not included in the price so you can order this breakfast in a local restaurant in Mollepata so in that way you can support loca bussinesses after that we take again the private transport for 20 minuts more until Marcocasa where is going to start our trek.Is in this place where we are going to meet the horseman and his horses, who will be in charge of transporting our food and camping equipment. Then we have to walk for about 5 to 6 hours until to get Soraypampa where we will have lunch with a panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) it’s also in Soraypampa where it’s going to be our first campsite (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trek) during the night time the temperatura can drop down until – 5°C (Below Zero). Taking in the beautiful landscape along the way as optional visit we will go to Humantay lake by the afternoon which takes 1 h 15 min. walking to go and 1H. To come back to Soraypampa our first Campsite.
Bear in Mind
- Walking distance: 15 km = 9,3 miles
- Walking hours: 5 to 6 hours
- Initial Altitude: Marcocasa = 3850 masl = 12631 feet.
- Highest Point: 4200 masl = 13779 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Soraypampa = 3800 masl = 12467 feet.
- Place to Visit: Humantay Lake.
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: Cold.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay
We will have breakfast at around 5.30am and begin our walk to the highest pass on this trek (4630 masl. = 15190 feet) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here (during rainy season betwenn the months November – February only) It takes 4 hours uphill until to the Salkantay Pass, where yor guide will perform a andean ceremony to say thanks to the Pachamama (Mother earth). After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracmachay, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle where we can see small stream, water falls, parrots, parakeets, humming birds, and orchics until we reach our second campsite, chaullay (2900 mals. = 9514 feet).
Bear in Mind
- Walking distance: 21km = 13 miles
- Walking hours: 7 to 8 hours
- Initial Altitude: Soraypampa = 3800 masl = 12467 feet.
- Highest Point: Salkantay Pass = 4630 masl = 15190 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Place to Visit: Huayracmachay, Rayanniyoc, chawllay
- Physical Grading: 4/5
- Weather: Moderate Fresh.
Day 3: Chaullay – La Playa Sahuayacco – Santa Teresa
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start trekking for the day through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach Playa Sahuayacco walking about 4 hours where we will take a transport to go to Santa Teresa (Transport included in the Price) where we are going to camp. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits, plants and as soon as we are Santa Tresesa, after our buffet Lunch we will visit the Natural hot spring where you will need to pay and entrance of 10 Soles, we will enjoy this hotspring the rest of the afternoon, then we go back to our campsite where our tea time will be ready to gain time until our delicious dinner is ready too.
Bear in Mind
- Walking distance: 16km = 10 miles
- Walking hours: 5 to 6 hours
- Initial Altitude: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Highest Point: Chawllay = 2900 masl = 9514 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Santa Teresa = 1550 masl = 5085 feet.
- Place to Visit: Natural Hot spring of Santa Teresa.
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: Warm and Humid.
Day 4: Santa Teresa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes.
We will have breakfast at 8:00 am and leave our campsite at Santa Teresa this day you will have the opportunity of doing the activity of Ziplining (Optional). This day we will walk for about 1 h 30 minuts minutes to get to Hydrolectrica where we are going to have our lunch, then we continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana we will be walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hotel. In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the trek. We will take dinner in a Local Restaurant in Aguas Calientes where you will have a briefing with your guide about the visit to Machu Picchu the next morning.
Bear in Mind
- Walking distance: 12km = 7,4 miles
- Walking hours: 4 to 5 hours
- Initial Altitude: Santa Teresa = 1550 masl = 5085 feet.
- Highest Point: Aguas Calientes = 2050 masl = 6725 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Aguas Calientes = 2050 masl = 6725 feet.
- Place to Visit: Hidroelectrica, Aguas Calientes Town.
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Warm and Humid.
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu!!!!!! – Cusco
We wake up early morning about 4 am to 4:30 to have breakfast and start walking up to machupichu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) ( this is not included in the price it cost 12 dollars bus up and 12dollars bus down so in both cases you will arrive at 6 am in the morning to machupicchu , Machupicchu gets open at 6 am so you will get in and you will have the opportunity of experience the Sun Rise in Machupicchu
A Guided tour (approximately 2 hours and 30 Minutes) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft) It takes 45 minutes to reach the top. Also if for Huaynapicchu there are not available spaces you can also climb the Monataña Machu Picchu which takes 1h15 minuts to get to the top (you need to le tus know in advance if you want to clim up one of those mountains).
After experiencing the grandeur of machupicchu you need to go back to Aguas Calientes to take lunch (optional) then you need to go to the station train to go back to Ollantaytambo then to Cusco. The first train usually leaves at 15 h 55 and we will arrive back in Cusco at about 20.20.or the second train which leaves 16h20, the third will leave at 18h20 pm and allows you to be back in Cusco by 10 pm and goes to ollantaytambo where someone will be waiting for you with your names on a sheet of paper this person will take you to take you back to cusco.
Departure times of the trains will be provided according to the availability of spaces.
Note: If you have a tight budget, do not worry you can get this trek at a more comfortable price for your pocket, but in this case you will return to Cusco from Hydroelectrica by bus Instead of the train.
Bear in Mind
- Initial Altitude: Aguas Calientes = 2050 masl = 6725 feet.
- Highest Point: Machu Picchu = 2430 masl = 7972 feet.
- Place to Visit: MachuPicchu, Huaynapicchu, Montaña Machupicchu
- Meals included: Breakfast in the hotel.
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Warm and Humid.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before.
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco.
- Private transportation to go to the Trail Head
- Andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth on the Salkantay Pass
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes. (private room, wifi, hot shower, cable Tv.)
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:00 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability.
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Horses or mules and muleteer to carry camping equipments and cooking stuff
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 08 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- Four season tents (2 trekkers in each one) you will have enough space to put things inside
- Camping equipment (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- Inflatable air mattresses
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc).
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Santa Teresa (10 soles per person)
- Transport to go to the Natural hotspring of Santa Teresa (40 soles per person)
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu.(it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in every campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner.
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra horse or mule to carry extra backpacks or to ride until the second campsite (150 dollars per horse or mule)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport.
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum).
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number).
- Day Pack.
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho.
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day).
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Bottle of Water.
- Flash Light.
- Toilet Paper.
- Sun Block.
- Sun Glasses.
- Caps or Hats.
- Gloves (for the first and second day).
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended).
- Sleeping Bags.
- Walking sticks.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Our fixed prices 2018 – 2019 in a sharing group up to 10 people is 440 dollars per person
We can operate this tour in a private way
- 2 people group US$ 650.00 per person
- 3 people group US$ 600.00 per person
- 4 people group US$ 550.00 per person
- 5 people to more person group US$500.00 per person
- (Include 8 Kg personal which will be taken by the horses.)
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
– Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
– Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
– Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
– To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
– You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
– Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
– Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
Receiver’s Name: ANA
Receiver’s Surname: QQUERAR CRUZ
Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 75944208
Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, QQUERAR is his paternal name and CRUZ is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.