Day 1: Cusco ‐ Tinqui Village – Upis Hot Springs.
We set off early from Cusco traveling by private van to the small village of Tinqui. We will see the impressive mountain range of Vilcanota and pass through several traditional Andean villages en route and take time to stop to take some photos. When we arrive at Tinqui (our trailhead), we will have a delicious breakfast prepared by our master chef. Then our horsemen will arrange all the group gear and packs on the horses and our trek officially begins. We begin our walk through farming communities and enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountains. We will walk for around 3 hrs and then its time for a lunch stop. After lunch we continue for another 2 hours to reach Upis (4,100 m / 13,448 ft). There we will have the opportunity to soak in the local hot springs before dinner, and camp for the night.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 3,800 m / 12, 464 ft
- Maximum Elevation: 4,400 m / 14,432 ft
- Walking Distance: 12 km / 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 6 – 7 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Upis ‐ Arapa Pass – Pucacocha.
After a big breakfast we are ready to leave our camp and get started on our hike for the day. We will climb to the Arapa Pass (4,850 m / 15,908 ft). From this vantage point we will enjoy the contrast between dry desert like hills and breathtaking snow capped views of Mt. Ausangate and Pucacocha. This area also boasts three beautiful lakes with tones of reds, greens, and turquoises (Pucacocha, Hatun Pucacocha, and Qomercocha). Our second campsite is close to Ausangate glacier.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 4,100 m / 13,448 ft
- Maximum Elevation: 4,850 m / 15,908 ft
- Walking Distance: 12 km / 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 7 – 8 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Day 3: Pucacocha – Ausangate Pass – Minasniyuq Pass – Surine Cocha.
Today, you will be woken up with “room service” (a hot cup of coca tea). This is going to be one of the most beautiful days of the trek. We will see the Rainbow Mountains in the distance. Also, on today´s journey, we will pass through Alccatauri Village. This is where we will see their traditional village life. There are no trees in the area, so there is no wood to make houses or build fires. The residents are extremely enterprising and make their adobe houses out of mud and build fires with nature´s fertilizer, a.k.a. manure. J. The day begins with a 1 ½ hour uphill climb until we reach the Ausangate pass (4,930 m / 16,170 ft). At this pass, we will see red mountains and also have the opportunity to see Vicuñas, chinchillas and alpacas. After we enjoy the pass, we descend for 1 ½ hours until we reach the Alccatauri Village (4,400 m / 14,435 ft). During our time at the village, in return for their generous hospitality, we will give them offerings of coca leaves. This is extremely valuable because this treasurable Peruvian staple can not be grown in this climate. Following this incomparable experience, we will hike a further 30 minutes uphill to our lunch spot at a rustic lodge. After a satisfying lunch, we will begin our voyage uphill to the second pass. After 1 ½ hours, we will follow Llama trail to Minasniyuq Pass. Here we will have our first views of the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,469 ft). At this pass, we will make offerings to Pacha Mama (Mother Earth). The remainder of the day´s journey is a 1 hour downhill hike to our camp, Surine Cocha (4,800 m / 15,748 ft). The camp is on the banks of the gorgeous Surine Lake (pictured above).
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 4,400 m /14,435 ft
- Maximum Elevation: 5,023 m / 16,479 ft
- Walking Distance: 12 km/ 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 8 – 9 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Demanding
Day 4: Surine Cocha – Rainbow Mountain – Quesiuno Village – Cusco.
After breakfast we hike gradually uphill for 2 hours until we reach the famous Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,469 ft). Your guide will walk you to the best spots to get the perfect pictures of these incredible mountains and the other surrounding mountains. Your guide will explain what makes these mountains so unique: they are composed of various minerals, which make different colors of stone striations. Not only is this one of the most stunning places in Peru and South America, these type of mountains are seen in only one other country in the world, China. After taking photos and enjoying the view, we will continue on the trek until we reach Quesiuno Village. This is a 2 ½ hour downhill hike. We will have lunch there. Our private van will be waiting to pick us up in this village after lunch. We will then drive 3 ½ hours back to Cusco. After one of the most rewarding experiences of your life, we will drop you off at your Cusco hotel. Approximate arrival time is 6 PM.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch
- Minimum Elevation: 5,020 m / 16,469 ft
- Maximum Elevation: 10 km /6.2 miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 5-6 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- Pick up from you Hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to go to the Trail head.
- All meals/drinks prepared by private cook (All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs)
- Boiled water and snacks
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide
- A briefing with the guide about the trek the day before the start of the Trek
- All gear and camping supplies (Tents, air matrresses, kitchen tents, portable chairs and tables, etc)
- A duffel bags for your personal belongings (8 kilos as máximum, will be carry by the horses)
- Horseman/Pack horses to carry all of the gear and personal belongings (up to 8kg per person)
- Fees to access to the Rainbow Mountain
- First Aid kit including oxygen tank
- Survivor T – Shirt for each member of the group.
- First Breakfast.
- Extra expense if you wish to buy stuff along the trek
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking Poles (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water along the way)
- Last dinner.(Because we arive in Cusco around 5 to 6 pm.)
- Horse to ride or to carry extra backpacks (120 dollars per horse or mule).
You Need to Bring
POSITIVE MENTAL ATITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2018 – 2019 ALL NIGHT IN CAMPING TENTS|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|450 USD$||430 USD$||420 USD$||400 USD$||380 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
– Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
– Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
– Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
– To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
– You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
– Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
– Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
Receiver’s Name: ANA
Receiver’s Surname: QQUERAR CRUZ
Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 75944208
Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, QQUERAR is his paternal name and CRUZ is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.