Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani.
Early morning rise. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours.Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner)
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha.
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the trail. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
After a delicious breakfast we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4: Machu Picchu!!! – Cusco.
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast and after to leave our Luggage at the Hotel, we will take the early Tourist bus Up to Machu Picchu, of Course with a guide English speaking, Usually we use to get Machu Picchu by 6: 50 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit Machu Picchu of course at this time Machu Picchu is pretty empty and we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of Machu Picchu, because at this time is quiet.A guided tour of about 2: 30 hours, and then you will have “happy hour time”, to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Huayna Picchu mountain and get the best view over Machu Picchu it takes 1: 40 minutes round trip time, or option to go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Then We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu that you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 14:00 at the latest (assuming train departs at 15:55). Buses depart every 15 minutes. Check with the guide for actual times. Getting Cusco city by 9:00 p.m aprox, there we will provide transfer to Your Hostel, End of the services.
-Lunch can be taked at Aguas Calientes town before to take the tourist train back to Cusco -Optional stay 01 extra night in Aguas Calientes. Cost of Hotel : USD$20 – 30. per person.Breakfast. (In our Hotel)
Waking per day
DAY 01-Total distance: 14 km
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: Cusco (3,350m) – Lares (3,100m) – Quishuarani (3,700m)
DAY 02.-Total distance: 12km
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha (3,800m)
DAY 03.-Total distance: 12 km (5,94 miles)
Estimated walking time: 6,7 hours
Maximum altitude point: Cancha Cancha – Huaran (2,800m) – Ollantaytambo (2,700m) – Aguas Calientes
DAY 04.-Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles)
Estimated walking time: Visit Machu picchu
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (8,829 ft)
Campsite altitude: Machu picchu citadel 2,400 m (7,872 ft)
* Departure and arrival times are approximated.
** Campsites are subject to change according to the designation of the governmental institution regulating the use of the Trail, as well as to our guide’s criteria and the group progress
- Pre-departure lares trek briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional English speaking lares trek tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am
- Private Transportation Van to lares valley( trailhead)
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker ) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Lares Trek Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
- 1 emergency horse to ride every 3 persons – days 1 to 2
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary)
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Loacl Trekkers Peru office
No Included in the Tour
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu ( we can make the reservation you need to add 20 dollars to the original price)
- Last lunch in Machupicchu
- Tips for the crew
You Need to Bring
|PRICES FOR 2018 – 2019|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|600 USD$||550 USD$||530 USD$||500 USD$||480 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: ANA
- Receiver’s Surname: QQUERAR CRUZ
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Receiver’s ID: 75944208
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, QQUERAR is his paternal name and CRUZ is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.