Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani.
Early in the morning our guide will pick you up from your hotel to travel by private bus through the Sacred Valley until you reach the city of Calca where we stop at a local restaurant, where you can order your breakfast (optional) and then we will continue our way to the town of Lares; The trip takes approximately 3 hours.
Already in Lares, we will climb to the hot springs to relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs and then have lunch in this place.
Then we will board our bus to continue our trip for about 20 minutes to PASCANA where our trek will begin, it will take us about 2.5 hours to reach Quishaurani where we will spend the night, crossing beautiful landscapes we will arrive our campsite that will be already established for us.
In the free time we have we will can meet the local people and see some weaving techniques.
Total distance: 14 km
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours
Maximum altitude point: Cusco (3,350 mals /10990 feet ) – Lares (3,100 mals/10170 feet) – Quishuarani (3,700 mals /12139 feet)
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha.
This day we will wake up very early to have our breakfast and start our tour, since this will be our longest day we will have to walk approx. 7 hours.
We begin our ascent towards the highest point of the trek, the Pachacutec Pass (4,450 masl/14599 feet). When we reach the top our effort will be rewarded with magnificent views of Lake Pachacutec and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. Then we will continue downhill for approximately 2.5 hours until we reach the town of Cancha Cancha where we will have dinner and spend the night, our camp will be ready. Also on this day we will can see a lot of wildlife, fauna and flora.
Total distance: 12km
Estimated walking time: 7-8 hours
Maximum altitude point: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha (3,800 mals/12467 feet)
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
On our third day and after a delicious breakfast, we will start our walk, we will walk downhill for approx. 5 hours to reach the village of Huaran, from there we take a local transport that will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo, a beautiful well-preserved Inca town that is still inhabited, we will have some time to explore this amazing small Inca town before boarding the Ollantaytambo train to the town of Agua Calientes.
In Agua Calientes, a member of our team will wait for you to take you to your hotel, then we take dinner in a local restaurant. where your guide will explain you about the visit to Machu Picchu for the next morning. then you will sleep in your confortable bed at the hotel to be ready for tomorrow, you can also go to the hot springs and relax or walk the streets of this town below Machu Picchu.
Total distance: 12 km (5,94 miles)
Estimated walking time: 6,7 hours
Maximum altitude point: Cancha Cancha – Huaran (2,800 mals/9186 feet) – Ollantaytambo (2,700 mals/8858 feet) – Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Picchu!!! – Cusco.
The day we will arrive in Machu Picchu, you have to wake up early (before 05:30 am), have your breakfast and leave your luggage at the hotel, your guide will take you to take the tourist bus (Optional) early to Machu Picchu, when we arrive we will be The first to enter Machu Picchu, it will be quite empty and we will have the best opportunity to enjoy the beauty and magic of Machu Picchu, and with tranquility we will have a guided tour of the most important places of Machu Picchu of approximately 2:30 hours, and then you will have time, to explore the whole site for about 3 hours by yourself and the most enthusiastic have the option of climbing the Mountain of Wayna Picchu or Mountain Machu Picchu, from the top the view is impressive but you must go after the guided tour since the entrance to climb is limited per day.
Then, after visiting Machu Picchu, you will get off in the tourist bus (optional) to Aguas Calientes. The buses leave every 15 minutes you should consult your guide the real times to board the train that will take you to Ollantaytambo, Then a private transportaion will transfer you to Cusco, when you arrive to the city of Cusco in the evening our team It will take you to your Hotel.
End of service
Waking per day
Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles)
Estimated walking time: Visit Machu picchu
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 mals /8,829 feet)
Campsite altitude: Machu picchu citadel 2,400 mals/7,872 feet)
* Departure and arrival times are approximated.
** Campsites are subject to change according to the designation of the governmental institution regulating the use of the Trail, as well as to our guide’s criteria and the group progress
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am
- Private Transportation Van to lares valley( trailhead)
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco (1 and half hours aprox.) Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Lares Trek Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables)
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses (a whole new way to sleep in comfort)
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.If you would like to hire a private horse, (let us know at the time of booking) (they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 1 emergency horse to ride every 3 persons – days 1 to 2
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu (to explore every important temple of the Santuary)
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Local Trekkers Peru office.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu. (it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional Black Diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in every campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra horse or mule to carry extra backpacks or to ride until the second campsite (150 dollars per horse or mule)
- Tips for the team (Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum)
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|600 USD$||550 USD$||530 USD$||500 USD$||480 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.