DAY 1: CUSCO – SANTA MARIA.
The tour begins at 7:00 am. Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery as you are driven to over 4,200 meters above sea level to the top of Abra Malaga. Take a deep breath, strap on the protective gear provided and take in the majestic mountain before hitting the pavement on brand new mountain bikes. Feel the wind whip your face as you cruise down winding mountain roads, past waterfalls, mountain villages and the occasional road dog. Almost three hours and a 2,000-meter decent of white knuckled excitement brings you to the first stop in Alfamayo, here you ca buy water and some snacks. Then we continue till Huaman Marca, where our transport will be waiting for us to take us to Santa Maria where we will speel in a local accommodation (Hostel) After lunch and some time to relax we will be ready to do rafting along the Vilcanota river. After this great adventure our delicious and nutritious dinner will be waiting for us to recharge energies of this exhausting and exciting day. After dinner our rooms await us to spend a pleasant night.
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA.
A 7:00 am wake up finds you shrouded in the mists of the jungle. After a hearty breakfast your day starts with a short but intense climb to start your section of an authentic Inka Trail. As you wind up and down precipitous cliffs over a stunning valley your guide will transport you to the time of the Incas, revealing some of what little we do know from this ancient and amazing culture. The trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have some time to relax in hammocks. Keep an eye out for natural fruit, especially the taste explosion that is maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch the trek continues along the surging Urubamba river, crossing it at one point in a cart and pulley (safe yet thrilling!). Your day of trekking (around 16km) concludes with a visit to the immaculate Santa Teresa hot springs. Sink into the warm water and let the aches of the trail melt away. Dinner and a comfortable hostel in Santa Teresa rounds out the day.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES.
A choice waits at the outset of the third day: either continue trekking, or choose to fly through the air 150 meters above the ground over rivers and jungle! The zip line option includes transport to the zip line facility and 5 zips. Are you brave enough to lean back into the upside down monkey position? Or spread your wings and dive head first in the incredible superman position. Make sure you book your zip line ahead of time to ensure the safest, highest, fastest zips (there are several other zip tours of lesser quality). The group will re-form at the Hidrolectrica station for lunch before continuing the trek. Another three hours trekking along the train tracks and the raging river brings you to the tourist town of Aguas Calientes. Travelers have the option to visit the local hot springs or relax and explore the town before dinner. Make sure you make it an early night to be awake for the ascent to the jewel of the tour: Machu Picchu!
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO.
This day this is separed to visit fully Machu Picchu, you need to walk up for about 1 h 40 min, (Bus up is optional) once in Machu Picchu your guide will explain you the story and the main places of Machu Picchu for about two hours and then is the end of the guide’s job then you will get free time to have plenty of time to explore Machu Picchu by yourself (you can climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu) these excursions are optional you must let us know in advance if you want to climb up one of these mountains because spaces for these mountains are limited. After enjoying Machu Picchu you must go back to Aguas Calientes and wait for your train to Ollantaytambo, it takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. We leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train, we will provide you the touristic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. it depends of the availability of the spaces.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco
- 3 Meals per day during the trek: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Biking equipment (bike, helmet, gloves)
- 3 nights in a hostal
- First Aid kit
- Zip Lining
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Santa Teresa (10 soles per person)
- Transport to go to the Natural hotspring of Santa Teresa (20 soles per person)
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu.(it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional Black Diamond pair)
- Mineral water
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Tips for the team (Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum)
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (for the first and last day)
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and last day)
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|350 USD$||350 USD$||350 USD$||350 USD$||350 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person under no circumstance.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.