DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – KM 82 – HATUNCHACA
We will pick you up from where you are staying in Cusco, Urubamba or Ollantaytambo the pick up from Cusco is around 5:00 am. And later from other locations. Then we travel in our private transport to Ollantaytambo, where you can orther your breakfast in a local restaurant. Then we continue to the Trail head km. 82. From here we are going to start the trek, we walk along the left side of the Urubamba river where we have the opportunity to appreciate the beautiful andean landscapes, we have a nice view of the Veronica snow capped mountain which is Amazing, after this we continue until to reach to first Inca Ruins “Patallacta” where you will have an explanation of your guide about this ancient inca ruins. After lunch we must continue to our first campsite located at the Hatunchaca Village located at 3300 masl. = 10826 feet.
BEAR IN MIND:
- Walking distance: 12km = 7,5 miles
- Walking hours: 4 to 5 hours
- Initial Altitude: Km.82 = 2750 masl = 9022 feet.
- Highest Point: Patallacta = 2650 masl = 8694 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Hatunchaca = 3300 masl = 9842 feet.
- Place to Visit: Patallacta Ruins.
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: A Moderate Cold.
DAY 2: HATUNCHACA – WARMIWAÑUSCA (Dead woman’s pass) – PACAYMAYU
After our delicious breakfast, we must continue to our next campsite, for which we must start our ascent to the highest and hardest part of the whole trek (Dead Woman’s Pass 4200 masl = 13779 ft.), it takes around 3 hours to get to the pass, where we take a rest and where we can enjoy the beautiful andean landscapes, from here we see the most beautiful sceneries of the whole Inca Trail. After this, we must descend to the Pacaymayu valley where we are going to reload energy with our varied and plentiful lunch and then we have to continue to the Pacaymayu campsite.
BEAR IN MIND:
- Walking distance: 10 km = 6,2 miles
- Walking hours: 5 to 6 hours
- Initial Altitude: Hatunchaca = 3300 masl = 9842 feet.
- Highest Point: Dead woman pass = 4200 masl = 13779 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Pacaymayu = 3600 masl = 11811 feet.
- Place to Visit: Dead woman pass, Pacaymayu Valley.
- Physical Grading: 5/5
- Weather: Cold.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – RUNCURACCAY – PHUYUPATAMARCA
After our early breakfast, we will continue the trek to the second highest point of the entire trek, along the way, we will have the opportunity to appreciate beautiful landscapes with waterfalls, we will also appreciate the flora and fauna of this valley, after 2 hours walking we will arrive to the Ruins of Runcuraccay or an “Inca watchtower” here your guide will explain you about this amazing ruin, then after 1 more hour walking we will finally reach to the second pass (Runcuraccay Pass= 4000 masl. = 13123 feet) from here we have to continue downhill into the cloud forest then after 2 hours walking we will arrive to the beautiful ruins of Sayacmarca, where your guide will be in charge of giving you a great explanation about this imposing ruins. After this, we have to continue to Chaquiccocha (Dry Lake) where we are going to take our delicious lunch. From here we walk for around 2 hours along what we call “Inca Flat” along the way we will have a beautiful view of the the Amazing Salkantay snowcapped mountain and the beautiful Vilcabamba mountain range. after ending the Inca Flat we get until to third and last highest point which is Phuyupatamarca (Town in the clouds) located at 3,650 m.a.s.l. or 11,975 feet. Our Third campsite it’s going to be next to these amazing ruins.
BEAR IN MIND:
- Walking distance: 13 km = 8 miles
- Walking hours: 8 to 9 hours
- Initial Altitude: Pacaymayu = 3600 masl = 11811 feet.
- Highest Point: Runcuraccay = 4000 masl = 13123 feet.
- Campsite Altitude: Phuyupatamarca = 3,650 masl = 11975 feet
- Place to Visit: Runcuraccay, Sayacmarca
- Physical Grading: 4/5
- Weather: A Moderate Cold.
DAY 4: PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA – AGUAS CALIENTES
At this point we start trek for 2 hours approximately to the well preserved remains of the ruins of Wiñaywayna (forever young) (2650 masl = 8694 feet.) here you will have the opportunity to appreciate the Inca architecture like; water fountains, terraces, temples and so on. Also on the way, we can see beautiful waterfalls and streams. After lunch, we keep walking for about 2 more hours to get the sungate (Inti Punku) from where we will have a beautiful view of the Citadel of Machupicchu, after enjoying the spectacular view of Machupicchu we have to go down to Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu Town) we will check into our Hotel and after we settled in our hotel, we will have a dinner in a local restaurant, during this dinner your guide will give you a briefing for the visit to Machupicchu the next morning.
BEAR IN MIND:
- Walking distance: 11 km = 6,8 miles
- Walking hours: 4 to 5 hours
- Initial Altitude: Phuyupatamarca = 3,650 masl = 11975 feet
- Highest Point: Inti Punku (Sun Gate) = 2730 masl = 8957 feet.
- Aguas Calientes Altitude: 2050 masl = 6725 feet.
- Places to Visit: Wiñaywayna, Sun Gate, Aguas Calientes town.
- Physical Grading: 3/5
- Weather: Humid and Hot.
DAY 5: VISIT TO THE GREAT CITADEL OF THE INCAS “MACHUPICCHU”
This day will be one of the most important and memorable days of your lives, because you will visit one of the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times “Machupicchu” for which, after breakfast at your hotel, you need to walk up for about 1 h 40 min, (Bus up is optional) once in Machupicchu your guide will explain you the story and the main places of Machupicchu for about two hours and then is the end of the guide’s job then you will get free time to have plenty of time to explore Machupicchu by yourself (you can climb Huaynapicchu mountain or Montaña Machupicchu) these excursions are optional you must let us know in advance if you want to climb up one of these mountains because spaces for these mountains are limited. After enjoying Machupicchu you must go back to Aguas Calientes and wait for your train to Ollantaytambo, it takes 2 hours by train to Ollantaytambo where our transport will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. We leave you in your hotel or near to this. About the train, we will provide you the touristic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:00 pm to 8:30 pm. it depends of the availability of the spaces.
BEAR IN MIND
- Machupicchu Altitude: 2400 masl = 7874 feet.
- Place to Visit: Machu Picchu, Huaynapicchu Mountain, Montaña Machupicchu
- Physical Grading: 2/5
- Weather: Humid and Hot.
- Meal Included: Breakfast in the Hotel.
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide.
- All Entrances and Permits for the Inca Trail.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before.
- Porters to carry all camping equipment and kitchen stuff
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco, Urubamba or Ollantaytambo
- Private transportation to go to the Trail Head
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each member of the group.
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Four season tents (2 trekkers in each one) you will have enough space to put things inside
- Camping equipment (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, pesquetarian, etc)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu.(it has an extra cost of 70 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks ( you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in some campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner.
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu ( Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra Porter to carry extra backpacks each Porter is allowed to carry only 12 Kilos from your Personal stuff (150 dollars per Porter)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome)
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport.
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum).
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number).
- Day Pack.
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho.
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day).
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear.
- Waterproof hiking shoes.
- Bottle of Water.
- Flash Light.
- Toilet Paper.
- Sun Block.
- Sun Glasses.
- Caps or Hats.
- Gloves (for the first and second day).
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended).
- Sleeping Bags.
- Walking sticks.
- Camera with extra batteries.
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|800 USD$||780 USD$||760 USD$||740 USD$||720 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.