DAY 01: CUSCO – PISKACUCHO Km 82 – WAYLLABAMBA OR AYAPATA
This day we will pick you up at 5:00 am from your Hotel, with direction to piskakucho, but first we will stop briefly in Ollantaytambo, where you can buy last minute equipments and personal needs. Also here you can order your breakfast at a local restaurant, then we will move to Piskacucho (Km 82), where our Inca Trail begins. This day we will walk for approx. 6 to 7 hours, the first 2 hours we will walk to the largest archaeological site of the Inca Trail “Patallacta”, which is an incredible Inca archeological remains, your guide will explain you about this place, Then we will continue for 2 more hours to our lunch place.
After lunch and a short break we will continue our journey for another 2h 30 min. or 3 hours until you reach the first campsite, Wayllabamba (3000 meters above sea level) or Ayapata (3300 meters above sea level) (campsites are designated for the Ministry of Culture according to availability at the time of booking your Inca Trail).
BEAR IN MIND
DAY 02: WAYLLABAMBA – WARMIWAÑUSCA – CHAQUICOCCHA
This day you will wake up early to have a cup of coca tea as a greeting to the apus (Mountains) we will start our day with our breakfast, then we will continue our hiking to take advantage of the shadow of the mountains, it is much better to walk under the shadow, then we will continue to the highest point of the Inca Trail.
For most trekkers, this is the hardest and longest day along the entire Inca Trail. Here, literally, we can see the various ecological zones and microclimates that make up the area, plotted in front of us.
We will continue until we reach the Warmiwañusca pass or the Dead Woman pass located at 4,200 meters / 13,780 feet above sea level, after a short rest, we have to continue towards the Pacaymayu Valley, where you will appreciate the Peruvian Andes at its maximum splendor, where You will see streams and small waterfalls, it is also in this area where we will have our delicious lunch.
After lunch, we must continue with the next step Runcuraccay Pass (4000 masl), but in this case we make a stop at a small Inca Ruin of the same name Runcuraccay where you will have an interesting explanation of your guide on this Incredible ruin. Then we will continue to the Chaquiccocha campsite, where we will enjoy dinner and a well-deserved rest after a long and hard day of hiking.
BEAR IN MIND
DAY 03: CHAQUICOCHA – WIÑAYWAYNA
Our third day begins with a very early nutritious breakfast, for most hikers this day is considered the most beautiful day along the Inca Trail. We will walk for approx. 2 hours along the road that we will call “Inca Flat”, from here we will have a beautiful view of the Salkantay snowy mountain and the beautiful Vilcabamba mountain range and after finishing the Inca Flat we reach the third and last highest point that is Phuyupatamarca (Town in the clouds) located at 3,650 meters above sea level or 11,975 feet.
Then we will continue to the cloud forest, where we can see small streams, small waterfalls, trees such as palm trees, orchids, bromeliads, birds such as parrots and parakeets, flora and fauna typical of a tropical climate.
After our lunch, we will go to the ruins of Wiñaywayna (Forever young), it is a spectacular Inca site that is located on the Inca trail before Machu Picchu and the most popular camp due to its proximity to Machu Picchu.
Here will be our last camp.
And it is in this camp where the work of the porters and the cook ends, and it is the exact point of saying goodbye to them and thanking them for the excellent work they have done.
BEAR IN MIND
DAY 04: WIÑAYWAYNA – sUN gATE – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is our last day of trekking and it is the day we arrive at the majestic citadel of Machu Picchu, after an early breakfast, we say goodbye to our porters and our cook and then we begin the final walk to the lost city of the Incas “Machu Picchu”.
First we will arrive at the Inti Punku (“Puerta del Sol”), where we will enjoy an inspiring panoramic view of the Machu Picchu citadel and then we will go to register and then enjoy a 2-hours guided tour in Machu Picchu, where your guide will explain you the main places such as: the temple of the sun, the temple of the water, the temple of the moon, among others.
After the guided tour you will have enough time to explore on your own and take the photos you want, so you have a beautiful memory.
After having had a great experience visiting Machu Picchu, you can take the bus down (Optional) or walk down to Aguas Calientes where you can enjoy your lunch (optional) and free time to enjoy the town of Aguas Caliente before taking the train and returning to Cusco.
It will take 2 hours train to Ollantaytambo, where our transport will be waiting to take you back to Cusco and finally we will leave you at your hotel or nearby.
We will provide you with the tourist class train, the train departure times can be between 2:55 pm. and 9:50 pm. It depends on the availability of the spaces.
BEAR IN MIND
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Porters to carry all camping equipment and kitchen stuff
- Permit along with Entrance to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu as well as porters permit
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cusco, Urubamba or Ollantaytambo
- Private transportation to go to the Trail Head
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each member of the group
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Four season tents (2 trekkers in each one) you will have enough space to put things inside
- Camping equipment (Kitchen tent, portable chairs and table )
- 3 Meals per day during the trek (food served in a buffet style)
- Professional Cook
- Snack for each day of trekking
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc)
- First Aid Kit, with Oxigen ballon.
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu. (it has an extra cost of 70 dollars per person)
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in some campsites)
- First Breakfast and last lunch and dinner
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Round trip bus cost 24 dollars but just one way cost 12 dollars)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Extra Porter to carry extra backpacks each Porter is allowed to carry only 12 Kilos from your Personal stuff (150 dollars per Porter)
- Tips for the team ( Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome)
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- A valid student card if you book this trek as student (25 years old as máximum)
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (For the first and Second day)
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 3 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves (for the first and second day)
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek
POSITIVE MENTAL ATITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$||650 USD$|
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|800 USD$||750 USD$||700 USD$||680 USD$||660 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.