Day 01: CACHORA – CAPULIYOC – CHIQUISKA – PLAYA ROSALINA – SANTA ROSA
We will leave Cusco early in the morning around 5:00 am. to reach the town of Cachora around 8:00 am. where we will have the opportunity to order our breakfast in a local restaurant (First breakfast is not included) while our team enlists all the equipment in mules and horses.
From the town of Cachora we will can observe the majestic snowy peaks of Padrayoc, the highest mountain along this trek, 5482 masl. On this first day we will make a walk of 21.70 km or 10 hours, while we walk we can observe the snowy peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora, in addition to appreciating a change of landscape towards the snowy peaks and small farms on the slopes of the mountains, until we reach the next point capuliyoc, in this part we can see condors, then we will begin our descent towards the Apurimac canyon with a change of vegetation of the Agave and Tunacactus forest to a dwarf forest and we will arrive at Chiquisqa (1950 masl.) where we will have lunch.
Then we will continue our descent to the abundant Apurimac River at 1550 masl and the deep canyon of the same name.
We will stop to rest near the river, then start the steep climb to Santa Rosa, where we camp for the night in a small sugar cane plantation (2115 masl).
Day 02: SANTA ROSA – MARAMPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO – RAQAYPATA
Early morning after breakfast, we continue our hike going up to Choquequirao. The first 3- 4 hours are going up very steep until to get to Marampata where we are going to take lunch, but then the way, it will change between flat and going up the rest of the way, surrounded by beautiful vegetation with several varieties of orchids. We will arrive to the archaeological site CHOQUEQUIRAO after 5 hours. After a little break we will walk to the main square of Choquequirao, to enjoy this majestic place, where we will observe the three levels of the excavated ruin. Approximately at 3 o’clock in the afternoon (depends of the weather). We can be lucky to appreciate “the flight of the Condors”. Then, the guide will decide where to set our camp in Raqaypata campsite inside Choquequirao (2910 masl).
Day 03: RAQAYPATA – PINCHINUYOC
After having our breakfast, we will have time to enjoy the majestic archeological site, where we will appreciate houses, terraces and other parts of this ancient Inca town. In addition, we will see many ruins still in excavation and finally unexplored areas, which can give us data about this last refuge of the oppressed Inca empire. Then we walk through Choquequirao, with all the equipment going to the next camp, we will follow the old water channel and then a 4 hour walk to the Pinchinuyoc ruins found in 1998. First we will pass through the cloud forest and then everything becomes a steep and open meadow with open views of the mountains and valleys. Pinchinoyoc: These ruins are something very special, they appear in the cloud forest, almost invisible due to the thick layer of mosses and the vegetation that covers it, and this is where we will spend the night in the ancient Inca terraces.
Day 04: PINCHINUYOC – VICTORIA RIVER – MAIZAL
This day we will walk through a vegetation known as dry forest of the Andean highlands, everything looks different from what we have seen before. After a few hours, we will arrive at Victoria River, here we will stop to cool off with the cold and clear water of the river, then we will cross the river on foot, since there are no bridges. We will continue our journey through a long and steep climb to our camp in Maizal (Cornfield) near the sacred Apus of the Incas, while we walk we will take several breaks to catch our breath in the shade of small trees and other vegetation along the way. Once we arrive at the Cornfield we will have lunch and enjoy the scenery, here we can also relax all afternoon or do some optional physical activity.
Maizal is the most beautiful place of all, from here we can see the 3 valleys and a great snow peak right in front of us, a beautiful place to lie down and meditate.
Day 05: MAIZAL – YANAMA
Very early in the morning after our breakfast we will leave the Cornfield and head towards the San Juan pass through a long climb, but it will be an incredibly beautiful area, first with cloud forest and then over Andean Puna with the well-known ichu grass, with rest times in some of the Victoria mines, where wi will observe bright stones that will indicate that here there is a high concentration of minerals and metals. Then we will continue through the Puna, walking along very well preserved Inca trails, among other features with the classic zigzag, Then we will have lunch at about 4000 masl. With a view of the Choquetakarpo mountain, we will finally continue our journey through the descent to Yanama, a small town at the foot of a long valley surrounded by mountains, where it is going to be our campsite.
Day 06: YANAMA – TOTORA
This day we will continue from Yanama through the valley to the highest point of the route, the Yanama Pass at about 4668 masl. In this step we will have a good view of the snowy mountain of Sacsarayoc, we will also have the opportunity to see condors, in this gentle climb we will pass it through new landscapes, especially through wet grass fields. In this step we can walk in the snow, and the descent is a long walk through the fog through grassy fields and shrub areas and with small wooden and earth bridges. Then we will continue this path until we reach the community of Totora, where we will spend the night.
Day 07: TOTORA – PLAYA SAHUAYACO – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast we will continue our passage for about 2000 meters down through the changing vegetation until we reach warmest part of the whole Trek called La Playa Sahuayaco. It will be a walk of approximately 9 hours, on the way we can see small waterfalls and where we will have the option of giving us a refreshing natural bath. This area has a great variety of birds and now it is obvious that the climate and vegetation have changed completely, and now we see recognizable plants in living rooms in Europe and various types of orchids. Playa Sahuayaco is a big town, here we can find some small shops to buy snacks, etc. Also in this area we will see small plantations of coffee and bananas. Then we take public transportation to the Hidroelectrica and then we walk for about 2 hour more to get to Aguas Calientes town where we are going to stay in a nice hotel with hot shower, is recommended to go to the natural hotspring in here.
Day 08: MACHUPICCHU!!!
From Aguas Calientes we walk or take bus (Optional) to Machu Picchu. We start our visit with a 2-3 hours guided tour, that will bring us to the most important locations at the archaeological site and the guide will tell us about the great importance of Machu Picchu. You will enjoy sites such as the astronomical and religious center. The rest of the day we spend visiting mazing ruins and you will have the chance to climb the mountain of Waynapicchu or mountain Machu Picchu or visit the beautiful moon temple. For Huaynapicchu you need to let us know in advance to be able to get your ticket and this has an extra cost.
- Visit the Sun Gate: You will have an opportunity to walk (approx. 2 hours up and down) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) to see Machu Picchu from a different angle.
- Hike to the Inca Bridge: The Inca Bridge offers a dose of adventure for your next Machu Picchu visit. However in this case, the adventure is a little less strenuous, but a lot more defying, not for people with vertigo.
- Train back to Cusco: We back in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes where, then, we take the train to Ollantaytambo, and in Ollantaytambo our private bus will take you back to Cusco. In Cusco we leave you in your Hotel or near to this, your Hotel it has to be located close to the colonial style Plaza de Armas. This is the end of our service
After experiencing the grandeur of Machu Picchu you need to go back to Aguas Calientes to take lunch (optional) then you need to go to the station train to go back to Ollantaytambo then to Cusco. About the train, we will provide you the touristic class train, the train departure times can be in between 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. it depends of the availability of the spaces. Once at Ollantaytambo station our driver will be waiting for you with your names on a sheet of paper, this person will take you back to Cusco. Departure times of the trains will be provided according to the availability of spaces.
Note: If you have a tight budget, do not worry you can get this trek at a more comfortable price for your pocket, but in this case you will return to Cusco from Hydroelectrica by bus Instead of the train.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- Transportation, Cusco – Cachora
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao
- Food: Breakfasts, lunches, afternoon snacks, dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day
- Camping equipment Dining and cooking tent with table and chairs
- Tent capacity 4 people to be use only for 2 paxs so you will have more room to storage your own luggage
- Professional Cook
- Horseman and mules (they just carry cooking and camping equipment)
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 08 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- Therma rest air mattress
- First Aid kit
- Touristic train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- Inflatable air mattresses
- Snack for each day of trekking
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes, (private bathroom, wifi, cable Tv, 24-hour hot water, cable Tv and breakfast)
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc).
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional Black Diamond pair)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Mountain Machu Picchu.(it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in every campsites)
- Extra horse or mule to carry extra backpacks or to ride until the second campsite (120 dollars per horse or mule)
- Bus up or down from Aguas Calientes- Machu Picchu
- Tips for the team (Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Warm jacket
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 5 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc, (optional)
- Caps or Hats
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|1150 USD$||1100 USD$||1050 USD$||1000 USD$||950 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person under no circumstance.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.