Day 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISKA OR PLAYA ROSALINA
Start our adventure !, we will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 5:00 am. and we travel by private bus for approximately 4 hours, until we reach the small town of Cachora, from where our walk starts towards Choquequirao, while the team of Local Trekkers ready all camping equipment and cooking on the mules.
Our steps will take us through the Apurimac canyon, we will have a lunch midght day, then continuing our path we will enjoy the spectacular landscapes and a variety of plant and animal life until we reach our chiquiska camp or “La Playa Rosalina” (1650 masl /5413 feet) Place we will pass the night.
Day 2: CHIQUISKA OR PLAYA ROSALINA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
Our second day begins with a great early breakfast, then we will continue our tour crossing the Apurimac River and then descending to the lowest point of the trail.
After this, we will have a steep ascent through a thick cloud forest towards the Inca archaeological complex of Choquequirao.
Here we will have lunch and then we will have time to relax and enjoy the archaeological zone, plants, animals (hopefully condors) with a view towards nearby canyons and snow-capped mountains (Soray 5428 masl / 17808 feet, and Tuncarway 5910 masl /19389 feet). We will camp near Choquequirao (3033 masl / 9950 feet).
Day 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO – SANTA ROSA
This day we take full advantage to explore and walk with our guide for 3 hours in Choquequirao, in addition to taking beautiful photos for our memory.
After this, we descend to our next camp in Santa Rosa
Day 4: SANTA ROSA – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will wake up to the song of the birds and the beautiful landscapes, after breakfast we will continue our journey to Cachora where we will have lunch and then we will take our bus to reach Ollantaytambo where we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu), in the station our team member will be waiting for you and will take you to your hotel, during the night in the town of Aguas Calientes you will can walk through its streets and go to the hot springs to relax.
Day 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU
The day we will arrive in Machu Picchu, you have to wake up early (before 05:30 am), have your breakfast and leave your luggage at the hotel, your guide will take you to take the tourist bus (optional) early to Machu Picchu, when we arrive we will be The first to enter Machu Picchu, it will be quite empty and we will have the best opportunity to enjoy the beauty and magic of Machu Picchu, and with tranquility we will have a guided tour of the most important places of Machu Picchu of approximately 2:30 hours, and then you will have time, to explore the whole site for about 3 hours by yourself and the most enthusiastic have the option of climbing the mountain of Wayna Picchu, from the top the view is impressive but you must go after the guided tour since the entrance to climb is limited per day.
Then, after visiting Machu Picchu, you will get off in the tourist bus (optional) to Aguas Calientes. The buses leave every 15 minutes you should consult your guide the real times to board the train that will take you to Ollantaytambo, Then a Bus will transfer you to Cusco, when you arrive to the city of Cusco at approximately 9:00 pm, our team It will take you to your Hotel.
End of service
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- Transportation, Cusco – Cachora
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao
- Food: Breakfasts, lunches, afternoon snacks, dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day
- Camping equipment Dining and cooking tent with table and chairs
- Tent capacity 4 people to be use only for 2 paxs so you will have more room to storage your own luggage
- Professional Cook
- Horseman and mules (they just carry cooking and camping equipment)
- A duffel bag where you can put inside 08 kilos from your personal stuff (it will be carry by the horses or mules)
- Therma rest air mattress
- First Aid kit
- Touristic train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- Inflatable air mattresses
- Snack for each day of trekking
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes, (private bathroom, wifi, cable Tv, 24-hour hot water, cable Tv and breakfast)
- Boiled water to drink during the trail
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc).
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day
- Extra expense if you want to buy things along the trail
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking sticks (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional Black Diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water in every campsites)
- Extra horse or mule to carry extra backpacks or to ride until the second campsite (120 dollars per horse or mule)
- Bus up or down from Aguas Calientes- Machu Picchu
- Tips for the team (Is not obligatory but if you wish to do it, it will be welcome).
You Need to Bring
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance Number)
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Warm jacket
- Trekking shirts and trekking pants, 4 sets underwear
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Bathing suit (for hot springs), optional
- Caps or Hats
- Insect Repellent (30% DEET Recommended)
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking sticks
- Camera with extra batteries
- Extra money especially in soles to buy thing along the trek
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|900 USD$||890 USD$||870 USD$||860 USD$||820 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person under no circumstance.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.