FIRST CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
We will leave Cusco very early to reach the town of Cachora at 7.00 in the morning where we will have our breakfast, while our team enlists all the equipment in mules and horses.
From the town of Cachora we will can observe the majestic snowy peaks of Padrayoc, the highest is 5482 m.a.s.l. On this first day we will make a tour of 21.70 km or 10 hours, while we walk we can observe the snowy peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora, in addition to appreciating a change of landscape towards the snowy peaks and small farms on the slopes of the mountains, until we reach the next point capuliyoc, in this part we can see condors, then we will begin our descent towards the Apurimac canyon with a change of vegetation of the Agave and Tunacactus forest to a dwarf forest and we will arrive at Chiquisqa (1950 mnnm) where we will have lunch.
Then we will continue our descent to the abundant Apurimac River at 1550 m.s.n.m and the deep canyon of the same name.
We will stop to rest near the river, then start the steep climb to Santa Rosa, where we camp for the night in a small sugar cane plantation (2115 m.a.s.l.).
SECOND CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
Early morning after breakfast, we continue our hike going up to Choquekiraw. The first 2-3 hours are going up steep, but then it will change between flat and climb the rest of the way surrounded by beautiful vegetation with several varieties of orchids. We will arrive to the archaeological place CHOQUEKIRAO after 5 hours. After a good lunch and a little break we will walk to the main square of Choquekirao, to enjoy this majestic place, where we will observe the three levels of the excavated ruin. Approximately at 3 o’clock in the afternoon (depends of the weather) • we can be lucky to appreciate «the flight of the Condors». The guide will decide where to set our camp in Raqaypata (2910 m.a.s.l.). choquequirao machupicchu trek
choquequirao machupicchu trek
THIRD CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
After having our breakfast, we will have time to enjoy the majestic archeological site, where we will appreciate houses, terraces and other parts of this late Inca town. In addition, we will see many ruins still in excavation and finally unexplored areas, which can give us data about this last refuge of the oppressed Inca empire.
After our lunch we walk through Choquekirao, with all the equipment going to the next camp, we will follow the old water channel and then a 3-hour walk to the Pinchinuyoc ruins found in 1998.
First we will pass through the cloud forest and then everything becomes a steep and open meadow with open views of the mountains and valleys. Pinchinoyoc: these ruins are something very special, they appear in the cloud forest, almost invisible due to the thick layer of mosses and the vegetation that covers it, and this is where we will spend the night the ancient Inca terraces.
FOURTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
This day we will walk through a vegetation known as dry forest of the Andean highlands, everything looks different from what we have seen before.
After a few hours, we will arrive at Victoria River, here we will stop to cool off with the cold and clear water of the river, then we will cross the river on foot, since there are no bridges.
We will continue our journey through a long and steep climb to our camp in Maizal, near the sacred Apus of the Incas, while we walk we will take several breaks to catch our breath in the shade of small trees and other vegetation along the way. Once we arrive at the Cornfield we will have lunch and enjoy the scenery, here we can also relax all afternoon or do some optional physical activity.
Maizal is the most beautiful place of all, from here we can see the 3 valleys and a great snow peak right in front of us, a beautiful place to lie down and meditate.
FIFTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
Very early in the morning after our breakfast we will leave the Cornfield and head towards the San Juan pass through a long climb, but it will be an incredibly beautiful area, first with cloud forest and then over Andean Puna with the well-known ichu grass, with rest times in some of the Victoria mines, where to observe bright stones that will indicate that here there is a high concentration of minerals and metals.
Then we will continue through the Puna, walking along very well preserved Inca trails, among other features with the classic zigzag, Then we will have lunch at about 4000 m.a.s.l. With a view of the Choquetakarpo mountain, we will finally continue our journey through the descent to Yanama, a small town at the foot of a long valley surrounded by mountains.
SIXTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
this day we will continue from Yanama through the valley to the highest point of the route, the Yanama Pass at about 4500 m.a.s.l. In this step we will have a good view of the snowy Sacsarayoc, we will also have the opportunity to see condors, in this gentle climb we will pass it through new landscapes, especially through wet grass fields. In this step we can walk in the snow, and the descent is a long walk through the fog through grassy fields and shrub areas and with small wooden bridges and
Earth, we will continue this path until we reach the community of Totora, where we will spend the night.
SEVENTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
After breakfast we will continue our passage for about 2000 meters down through the changing vegetation until we reach the warmest camp in the town of La Playa.
It will be a walk of approximately 7 hours, on the way we can see small waterfalls and where we will have the option of giving us a refreshing natural bath.
This area has a great variation of birds and now it is obvious that the climate and vegetation have changed completely, and now we see recognizable plants in living rooms in Europe and various types of orchids. The beach is a big town, here we can find some small shops to buy snacks, etc. Also in this area we will see small plantations of coffee and bananas.
EIGHTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
Finally we arrive on the penultimate day of our tour, we will leave the Beach towards the Hydroelectric on the Urubamb River, we will walk through a new Inca road, this path was originally used to transport agricultural products to the population in Machu Picchu, through a area with coffee and fruit plantations and subtropical crops, while we go up the path, these vegetations begin to change between dry and grassy with flowers and humid cloud forest.
In this step we will find a fresh and dense forest full of trees covered with thick mosses. After a few hours of walking through that forest, we will see for the first time the impressive Machu Picchu. 10 minutes more walking we will arrive Llactapata where we will have lunch and rest, while enjoying the views of Machu Picchu and the beautiful mountains, finally we will walk towards the last part downhill and along the river to the Hydroelectric.
Here we can visit the fine Intihuatana while we wait for the train or continue walking towards Aguas Calientes where we arrive in the afternoon, in hot waters we will go to our hotel to spend the night under the mountains, you can walk in the village at liberty.
NINTH CHOQUEQUIRAO & MACHU PICCHU DAY:
Our last day of the tour, in the morning we will walk from Aguas Calientes or take the bus to Machu Picchu.
We will have a guided tour of 2-3 hours, the guide will take you to the most important places of the archaeological site and will have an explanation about the great importance that Machu Picchu was as an astronomical and religious center, you can also ask to the guide all the questions that have.
The rest of the hours you will have time to walk through this incredible ruin and also climb Wayna Picchu or visit the beautiful temple of the moon.
After this wonderful experience we meet in the afternoon in Aguas Calientes to travel by train to Ollantaytambo, here our private bus will wait for you to bring you back to Cusco through the sacred valley.
- Pre-departure choquequirao & machu picchu briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking choquequirao & machu picchu tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 4:30 to 5:00 am
- Private Transportation Van Cusco to Cachora ( trailhead) molle pata
- Local Transportation from la playa to Santa Teresa (2 hours aprox. )
- ourist train (Expeditions Backpacker ) back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao and Machu picchu
- Food: *8 breakfasts,8 lunches, 8 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 8 dinners
- 4 season HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best North Facer & kayla Doite Tents ) (We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles)4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portable chairs and tables )
THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort.))
- Cook who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 24 pounds or 12 kilograms of your personal belongings.
If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes
- Health Insurance for our porters, cooks,guides, field crew and Local Trekkers Peru staff
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Oxygen balloon for any emergency
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary).
- Vegetarian meals available upon request with no extra cost
- Free «I survived » T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.
- Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Bioandean Expeditions office.
You Need to Bring
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|1250 USD$||1200 USD$||1150 USD$||1100 USD$||1050 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.