Day 1: Cusco ‐ Tinqui Village – Upis Hot Springs.
We will leave Cusco very early toward the town of Tinqui in a private van. On the way we will see the impressive Vilcanota mountain range, in addition to several traditional Andean villages and we will take some time to take some photos. When we are in Tinqui (where our hike will begin) while our team will organize all camping equipments of the group and the packages on the horses. Then we will begin our hike through the agricultural communities and enjoy the impressive mountains that surround the Peruvian Andes. Our walk will last 3 hours and then we will have an hour of a stop for lunch. Then we continue for another 2 hours until we reach Upis (4,100 masl / 13,448 feet), in this beautiful place we will have the opportunity to relax in a local hot springs before dinner, it is in this place where we will camp under the stars.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 3,800 masl / 12, 464 feet
- Maximum Elevation: 4,400 masl / 14,432 feet
- Walking Distance: 12 km / 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 6 – 7 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Upis ‐ Arapa Pass – Pucacocha Lake.
We will start our second day of walking, after a great breakfast to recharge energy. We will walk until we reach the Arapa Pass (4,850 masl / 15,908 feet). From there we will enjoy the contrast between the dry desert like the hills and the breathtaking snowy mountain views. Ausangate and Pucacocha. This place has three beautiful lakes with shades of red, green and turquoise (Pucacocha, Hatun Pucacocha and Qomercocha). We will continue our path until we reach our second camp near the Ausangate Glacier.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 4,100 masl / 13,448 feet
- Maximum Elevation: 4,850 masl / 15,908 feet
- Walking Distance: 12 km / 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 7 – 8 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Day 3: Pucacocha Lake – Ausangate Pass – Minasniyuq Pass – Surine Cocha.
Our third day will start with a hot cup of coca tea, as a greeting to the Apus, it will be one of the most beautiful days of the trek. We will see the rainbow mountain in the distance. In addition, we will pass through Alccatauri Village, where we will appreciate the traditional life of its people. This day begins with a climb of 1 hour and a half until we reach the Ausangate pass (4,930 masl / 16,170 feet), here we can see red mountains and also vicuñas, chinchillas and alpacas. Then we will descend for 1 hour and a half until we reach the Alccatauri Village (4,400 masl / 14,435 feet). Our stay in the town where we will appreciate the hospitality of the locals with coca leaves offerings to the Apus (Sacred Mountains) and it is something very valuable because this precious Peruvian treasure cannot be cultivated in this climate. Then we will walk 30 minutes to our lunch spot in a rustic home. then we will continue with our trip until the second step for 1 hour and a half until we reach the Minasniyuq Pass. Here we can see our first views of the rainbow mountain (5,020 masl / 16,469 feet) also here we will offer to Pacha Mama (Mother Earth) some candies or cookies as an offering to let us get here. Finally we will walk downhill 1 hour to our camp, Surine Cocha (4,800 masl / 15,748 feet), our camp will be on the shores of the beautiful Lake Surine
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks
- Minimum Elevation: 4,400 masl /14,435 feet
- Maximum Elevation: 4,930 masl / 16,174 feet
- Walking Distance: 12 km/ 7 ½ miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 8 – 9 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Demanding
Day 4: Surine Cocha – Rainbow Mountain – Quesiuno Village – Cusco.
Finally we arrive at the fourth and last day of our trip through the Peruvian Andes, our day will begin with a great breakfast, then we will gradually walk for 2 hours until we reach the famous Rainbow Mountain (5,020 masl / 16,469 feet). Your guide will explain what makes these mountains unique, you will also have time to take the best photos, also you can visit the red valley if you still have energy (optional) then we will continue the trek until we reach Quesiuno Village. After 2½ hours of walking we will have our lunch. Finally our private van will be waiting to pick us up. After 3½ hours we will arrive in Cusco, after this rewarding and unique experience of your life, we will leave you at your hotel in Cusco. We will arrive around 5:00 pm approximately.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch
- Minimum Elevation: 5,020 masl / 16,469 feet
- Maximum Elevation: 10 km /6.2 miles
- Approximate Walking Time: 5-6 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide
- Pick up from you Hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to go to the Trail head
- All meals/drinks prepared by private cook (All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs), vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc
- Boiled water and snacks
- A briefing with the guide about the trek the day before the start of the Trek
- All gear and camping supplies (Tents, air matrresses, kitchen tents, portable chairs and tables, etc)
- A duffel bags for your personal belongings (8 kilos as máximum, will be carry by the horses)
- Horseman/Pack horses to carry all of the gear and personal belongings (up to 8kg per person)
- Fees to access to the Rainbow Mountain and the Red Valley
- First Aid kit including oxygen tank
- Survivor T – Shirt for each member of the group.
- First Breakfast.
- Extra expense if you wish to buy stuff along the trek
- Sleeping bags (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional one, which can support until -15 °C or 5 °F)
- Walking Poles (you can rent from us which cost 20 dollars for a professional black diamond pair)
- Mineral water (you can buy bottle of mineral water along the way)
- Last First breakfast and last dinner. (Because we arive in Cusco around 5:00 to 6:00 pm.)
- Horse to ride or to carry extra backpacks (120 dollars per horse or mule).
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number)
- A Small Back Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (During the night the temperatura can go dow til -5 °C = 23 °F)
- Waterproof hiking Boots
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Sleeping Bags
- Walking Poles
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Tooth brush and paste,etc)
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Camera with extra bateries
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team. (optional)
- POSITIVE MENTAL ATITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020 ALL NIGHT IN CAMPING TENTS|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|450 USD$||430 USD$||420 USD$||400 USD$||380 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.