Day 01: Arrive to Cusco/ City Tour (Overnight in Hotel Cusco).
Upon arrival at the Cusco airport, our person will be waiting for you to welcome you and transport you to your Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulate height, this day you will have the morning free to walk through the city center acclimatize and rest We also suggest that you have a light lunch at your hotel or in a nearby restaurant; In the afternoon, take the city tour, a city tour (entrance to the archeological centers and museums included) we will start at the main square, the cathedral, the Qoricancha (temple of the sun) and continue to the archaeological centers such as the fortress from Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, the tour ends at 6:30 pm approximately and we will return to the main square.
Day 02: Sacred Valley of the Inkas (Overnight in Hotel Aguas Calientes).
After breakfast at the Hotel, our team will pick you up at approximately 8:15 am. This day we will go to the Sacred Valley of the Incas this excursion is full day. The Sacred Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) from Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 masl/ 9744 feet.
We will start by visiting the colorful Indian market in Pisac, where you can appreciate a mixture of color and tradition, you will also have the opportunity to interact with local artisans to buy their handmade souvenirs, Then we will go up to the archaeological site of Pisac that is located At the entrance of the Sacred Valley, Then we will have our lunch in a typical restaurant and continue towards the town Ollantaytambo, the oldest continuously occupied city of the American continent that await it with its narrow streets, along with its channels that have not changed since the time Inca, they evoke their ancestral heritage, after exploring Ollantaytambo we will go to the railway station to board our train, a trip that lasts 2 hours until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes during the trips we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, finally when you get off the train a member our team will be Waiting for you shuttle to take you to your hotel where you will spend the night, also in the remaining hours you will can take a tour of the town, visit the museum and go to the hot springs to relax
Day 03: Exploring Machu picchu (Overnight in Hotel Cusco).
After breakfast at the hotel, your guide will pick up you and take you to of getting on a bus to Machu Picchu Mountain (6:00 am). In the archaeological zone you will have a guided tour (approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes) and then you will have enough time to explore the mysterious city on your own, in addition to taking pictures to remember.
Things to do:
You can climb Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu (the mountains behind Machu Picchu). Climbing this mountain takes 45 minutes to reach the top but the view you will have is worth it. (There is a limit of 200 people who are allowed to climb, so if you want to do it, it is good to go immediately after your tour). on the top of the mountain you can also walk to the Temple of the Moon (a cave). It takes 45 minutes more to arrive and, from there, one more hour of walking to return to Machu Picchu.
Finally we will return to the town of Aguas Calientes to take our train back to Ollantaytambo and then a private bus that will transport you back to Cusco and our team will leave at your hotel.
Day 04: Cusco – Puno Stopping along to see incan sites (Overnight in Hotel Puno).
It is named the “Sixtine Chapel of America” and in some sense the comparison examples of the Andean popular religious art. The church of Andahuayliaas is a jewerly of the mestizo baroque architecture that developed in Cusco. Its nave presents profuse decoration, especially in the celling decorated with carved panels which is a recover with pan de oro (type of gold decoration).
RAQCHI (Temple of Wiracocha God)
To 121 Km of Cusco, it was an Inca church of monumental dimensions: 100 meters of length by 26 meters of wide and 14 meters of height; the temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows basics of 11 giant columns. The bases of the church are bulit perfectly carving stones continued with adobe. It is aprpreciated besides qolqas or granary places of military order, religious, Inka between others.
Media point in the rout of Cusco – Puno. It is the highest part, it has 4335 masl / 14222 feet above sea level, we can appreciate beautiful landscapes, llamas and vicuñas, geographic union between two cultures quechua and aymara, we can see the Altiplano arid and dry union with the quechua zone with rivers and valleys.
It is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the Altiplano, preceding to tiahunaco, characterized by a series oh echelon platforms ceremonial center. It’s also possible to appreciate interesting litosculptures, trails or tomb stone of intriguing personage that seems to show evidence of a brave civilization. here is where it was discovered the origins of the Andean culture in the Altiplano.
Reception and transfer from the fist class bus station to the hotel Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05: Uros Floating Islands & Amantani Island (Overnight At Amantani Island Homestay).
After breakfast, we will take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca, which straddles the border of Peru and Bolivia, to the unique floating “islands” of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own “islands” by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called “totora”. Their homes and boats are also made of this material. There are over forty of these islands, which have strategic defenses such as watch towers just in case!
Then it is on to Amantani Island, which is inhabited by over 3,000 Quechua-speaking natives, still governed by their ancient traditions, whose main occupations are the production of ceramics and textiles. You can explore the Inca and Tiahuanco archaeological remains on the island. The positive energy here is so powerful, you have an almost panoramic view of the lake and you will not want to miss the sunset and sunrise either.
Lunch is a simple affair provided by us before staying overnight at the house of a local islander, to enjoy the hospitality of a typical Amantani homestay.
Day 06: Taquile Island – Puno port (Overnight in Hotel Puno).
After a good breakfast, you will visit Taquile island, a narrow, long and quite hilly island, of approximately 15 square kilometers, which was once used as a prison when it belonged to the Spanish. You will meet its inhabitants and admire their colorful textile fabrics, which has been their staple trade since time immemorial. Here you can also enjoy a highly scenic trek, followed by lunch in a local restaurant. Then you will back to puno port at 5:00 pm. (Overnight Hotel Puno)
Day 07: Transfer to Airport or Terminal (End of the Service).
This is the last day of the tour, after having your breakfast and according to the time of your flight, we will send you the transport that will take you to the airport.
If you extended your days in Peru and want to go to other destinations, we will be happy to help you personalize your trip. We can help you with destinations such as: the Nazca lines, the Amazon rainforest, the Colca Canyon and other tours and walks. Let us know.
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- Includes Tourist bus, English Guide & Entrance fees
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
- City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
- The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico), which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco
- CUSCO: 02 nights of hotel accommodation.
- A briefing about the trek with your guide the day before
- Private transportation
- Bilingual and certified Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees to Machu Picchu
- Entrances fees to the Natural hot spring of Aguas Calientes
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes, (private room, wifi, hot shower, cable Tv)
- Four Breakfasts (in hotel)
- Touristic train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Touristic train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Departure time, from 2:55 pm to 9:50 pm. Depends on the availability
- Private Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- A Survivor T – shirt, for each Trekker
- 24 Hour assistanc
- Availability of meals to your preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, pesquetarian, etc).
LAKE TITICACA – PUNO TOUR:
- Tour Bus from Cusco – Puno (Includes: Tourist Bus, Guide, Buffet Lunch, Entrance fees to the tourist places)
- Professional, English speaking-Spanish guide
- Admission ticket to the Islands
- Motor boat-driver
- Speedy boat (Jumbo Class services)
- 01 Night Home stays with the Families (Amantani).
- DAY FIRST: 01 Typical Lunch-01 Typical Dinner-01 Typical Breakfast
- DAY TWO: 01 Typical Breakfast and Lunch in Taquile Island
- 24 Hour assistance
- PUNO: 02 nights of hotel accommodation.
- Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
- All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers.
- International Airfares. (Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
- Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu Mountain or Montaña Machupicchu. (it has an extra cost of 25 dollars per person)
- Upgrade your Touristic Train to a Luxury Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo (70 $)
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu/Puno.
- Travel and health insurance. (bring copies with you please): Local Trekkers Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Local Trekkers Peru will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Student Card
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number
- Day Pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Bottle of Water
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Gloves Clothes
- Insect Repellent (50% DEET Recommended)
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Toothbrush and paste,etc)
- Camera with extra bateries
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team
POSITIVE METAL ATTITUDE
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person under no circumstance.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, JARA is his paternal name and QUISPE is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.