Day 01: CUSCO CITY TOUR (Hotel in Cusco)
Upon arrival into Cusco you will be met by one of our professional and friendly representatives. They will be holding a sign with your ‘last name’ on it. You will be transferred to your comfortable Cusco hotel in the air conditioned comfort of our modern van. Upon arrival to your hotel you will be given a pre-briefing about your upcoming trip and you will be presented with all your vouchers for your upcoming trip. You will have the morning free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude.
City Tour of Cusco
In the afternoon you will be picked up from your hotel for your half day City Tour of Cusco. Our tour will start with a visit to the San Cristobal Plaza where we will enjoy panoramic views of the city. From there we will make our way to the San Pedro Markets where we will soak in the local flavours and learn about the products grown in the area which supply the whole city. Our visit to the Koricancha Temple is an interesting one. This temple in Quechua means ‘Gold Enclosure’ and back in Pre-Colombian times it was completely covered in gold. We will continue on and visit the Santo Domingo Church and then up the cobblestone streets visiting the artisans’ neighbourhood of San Blas stopping by the Inca Roca Palace which today is the Archbishop’s Palace and home of the famous 12 Angled Stone. We will finish our tour visiting the main square in Cusco, the Cathedral and its many precious colonial materpieces. After your tour of Cusco you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 02: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS (Hotel in Cusco)
Early morning breakfast in your hotel.
Tour of the Sacred Valley
After breakfast in your hotel you will be picked up for your full day tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will travel in the air conditioned comfort of our modern van. Along the way we will stop at Awanacancha, a small complex to admire Andean camelids such as Alpacas and Llamas. We will learn about dying techniques from the locals. Later we will explore Pisac Ruins and the Pisac Markets – the biggest arts and crafts markets in South America. We will then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in Urubamba buffet luch will be served. In the afternoon our tour continues to Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is a small town full of local colour and inhabited since Inca times. We will visit the main temple which was used as an fortress during the Inca resistance. A great place to take some amazing photos, after visiting Ollamtaytambo we go towards Chimcheros where we can appreciate the great contructions of the Incas. At the designated time we will travel by van back to Cusco and transferred back to your comfortable hotel.
Day 03: TARAVEL TO AGUAS CALIENTES (Hotel in Aguas Calientes)
Early morning breakfast in your hotel.
After breakfast you will be picked up for your full day travel to Aguas Calientes Town which is on the foot of Machu Picchu Mountain. You will be transferred to the train station in Ollamtaytambo where we will embark the train and enjoy a 2 hour scenic train ride unfold before us. We will take in Andean Mountain terrain as we journey through to lush tropical jungle. Upon arrival into Aguas Calientes, you will be met your guide and he will take you to have luch and then to your comfortable hotel. Your luggage will be delivered to your hotel Free afternoon and evening to enjoy in Aguas Calientes at your leisure. Overnight in Aguas Calientes (you can visit the natural hotspring).
Day 04: FULL DAY MACHUPICCHU TOUR (Hotel in Cusco)
Breakfast in the hotel we will board the first bus up to the winding road to Machu Picchu Citadel to be able to see the sunrise. We use the best guides in Machu Picchu. They are very professional, passionate and well versed in their knowledge about their ancestors. They will pass on articulate insights into the complexities of the architecture, the significance and the fine intricacies of one of the world’s most profound and facinating civilizations. You will have some free time to wander around the ruins at your leisure and then at the designated time we will take a shuttle bus down to Aguas Calientes In the afternoon at the designated time we will take the train from Aguas Calientes back to Poroy. Upon arrival into Poroy train station you will be met and transferred back to your comfortable Cusco hotel.
Day 05: TRANSFER TO CUSCO AIRPORT OR TERMINAL (End of Our Service)
Breakfast in your hotel. At the designated time you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the airport for your departing flight.
You will be assisted at the airport before you board your plane.
- Three Nights Accommodation in Cusco & 1 night in Aguas Calientes (double,twin or triple room)
- All Transfers as mentioned in the Travel Program
- All Entrance Fees
- Top hotels in each category with all hotels based on US Standard
- Professional English Speaking Guides
- Roundtrip Expedition Train from Cusco to Machu Picchu
- All tours mentioned in the travel program
- Roundtrip Shuttle Bus up to Machu Picchu
- Round trip Domestic Flights (Lima – Cusco – Lima) we have the right to provide you the flight tickets in any company we considere good for the Agency
- 24 Hour assistanc
- Four Breakfasts (in hotel), 2 lunches (included on Full Day Tours)
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations.
- All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8.
- International Airfares. (Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
- Meal Budget: Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
- Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
- Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
- Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels. City tours of Lima and Cusco.
- Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes.
- Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Local Trekkers Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Local Trekkers Peru will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense. A Domestic Flight Tickets from Lima – Cusco -Lima.
- We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
You Need to Bring
What You Need To Bring:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies)
- Travel insurance (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and travellers cheques
- Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and films
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
|PRICES FOR 2018|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|950 USD$||930 USD$||900 USD$||880 USD$||860 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
– Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
– Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
– Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
– To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
– You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
– Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
– Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
Receiver’s Name: ANA
Receiver’s Surname: QQUERAR CRUZ
Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 75944208
Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, QQUERAR is his paternal name and CRUZ is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.