DAY 1: IQUITOS CITY – NAUTA PORT – PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE
We will leave very early from the city of Iquitos by private car that will take us to the port city of Nauta (1:30 hours). Where our breakfast awaits us. Then in a private boat we will travel upstream, we will see the spectacular union of 2 main rivers (Ucayali and Marañón) that then form the Amazon River. We will continue upriver until we reach the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (50 miles to the SO / approximately 2 and a half hours from Nauta). Where we will register to enter the community of Arequipa where the first camp will be established, right here our lunch will be served. Then we will observe various species of birds along the way, egrets, hawks, screamers with horns, jacans, parrots and parakeets. It is also possible to see pink dolphins of the Amazon River. Arrived at sunset, we will have a canoe trip to see and catch alligators, we will have the opportunity to hold, touch and take pictures with the alligator. Then we will return to our camp for dinner and spend the night in the Pacaya Samiria Reserve.
DAY 2: PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE – SHANSHO LAKE
We will have our breakfast early in the morning. Then we will navigate the Marañón River for 3 hours approx. until we reach our next destination (Lake Shansho Cocha area). While sailing upstream we can see a wide variety of wild animals; Primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink river dolphins and many other species of flora and fauna. When we arrive our lunch will be ready. The black waters of the rivers reflect the sky, clouds, vegetation, huge trees, that travelers have the feeling of traveling between mirrors; This is the reason why Pacaya Samiria is known as the “jungle of mirrors.” In the afternoon we will go fishing; piranhas, sea bass and other fish species in the reserve. We will return to the camp for dinner. After dinner we will go on a night walk through nature to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys). and then we will rest again in our tents.
DAY 03: SHANSHO LAKE – VEINTE DE ENERO VILLAGE
This day we will pack our things and sail upriver to the National Reserve through the Marañón River and entering the Yanayacu River (near the Vente de January town). While we sail animal waxes in their natural habitat, upon arrival at the camp and after eating our lunch we will walk through the jungle, where we can see more closely the large number of primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink dolphins, butterflies and many other species wild animals that interact in their natural habitat. Also on this day we will learn about various types of Amazonian plants such as the Ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi), the cat claw vine (uncaria tomentosa), Victoria Amazonica, ceiba tree, sensitive plant (mimosa pudica) and more. We can also perform a variety of activities; like trekking, canoeing, fishing and plant identification, animal watching or maybe just relaxing with a nice swim in one of the lagoons. After dinner, we will do a night boat excursion to look for the different species of nocturnal animals and hear the nocturnal sound of the jungle!
DAY 04: VEINTE DE ENERO VILLAGE – PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE
We will take our breakfast early and then make an expedition to the Pacaya Samiria Reserve around the area of January 20th, in this beautiful place we will have the unique opportunity to see a lot of primates, reptiles, turtles, birds, pink river dolphins, the butterflies and many other wild animals in their natural habitat and we will continue to learn about different medicinal plants and more. We will also visit Japon Creek and Yanta Lake on the reservation. These beautiful places are home to a wide variety of palm trees, large trees and a beautiful wildlife where we will perform different activities, then we will have our lunch and continue with the activities through the jungle until the night falls where we will camp.
DAY 05: PACAYA SAMIRIA RESERVE – YANAQUILLO CREEK
After our early breakfast we will have a morning departure in our boat, then we will start going back down the river towards the city of Iquitos, while we watch the birds as they leave their nests to find their food in the river, including cotingas, macaws , parrots and Harpy (Harpia harpyja). Then excursion to the Yanaquillo stream where we will see squirrel monkeys (Saimiri boliviensis), saddle tamarins (Saguinus fuscicollis) and sloths (Bradypus variegatus). Then we will stop and see the giant trees of Lupuna (Ceiba pentandra), Capirona and Capinurí (Heliocóstilis scabra) and also striking birds such as the toucan (Pteroglossus), the red macaw (Ara macao), the blue and yellow macaw (Ara ararauna), the common egret (Egreta alba) and the Amazonian kingfisher (Chloroceryle amazona). After this time we will stop for lunch. Then continue with our tour of the Pacaya Samiria Reserve until night falls.
DAY 06: YANAQUILLO CREEK – NAUTA PORT – IQUITOS CITY
This day we will prepare for our last excursion IN the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. After our breakfast we will have our morning excursion, Then we will return to the camp to have lunch and pack our belongings and return to the city of Iquitos. During the boat trip back to Iquitos, you will have a great chance to see alligators, turtles, herons, pink dolphins, snakes and many other species of flora and fauna along the river bank. We will also visit the IIAP (Research Institute of the Peruvian Amazon), where you can visit manatees and freshwater dolphins that have been rescued from the Amazon and are being rehabilitated. Then our private transport will take you to the airport or to your hotel.
End of service.
- Private Airport Transfers
- All Local Transportation
- All Meals During Excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks)
- Purified Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk
- All Equipment: Tents, Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Camping Equipment, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English & Spanish)
- All Entrance Fees
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours & Excursions As Described In Itinerary.
SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.)
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City.
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number)
- A back pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect Repellent (30% Deet as minimum Recommended)
- Toilet Paper
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Tooth brush and paste,etc)
- Camera with extra bateries (electricity available in some lodges)
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team, (optional)
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020 ALL NIGHT IN CAMPING TENTS|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|700 USD$||650 USD$||630 USD$||600 USD$||550 USD$|
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020 ALL NIGHTS IN LODGES|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|750 USD$||700 USD$||670 USD$||620 USD$||600 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.