DAY 01: CUSCO – CLOUD FOREST – BAMBOO LODGE.
Our trip starts early in Cusco, the trip will last 8 hours approx. by private minibus to the high mountain area at 3900 masl (13,000 feet). We will make a brief stop in Ninamarca, to see the pre-Inca cemetery and the colonial town of Paucartambo, then we will descend through the eastern slopes of the Andes through a cloud forest with lush vegetation (ferns, orchids, bromeliads, etc.) During the trip we will enjoy spectacular views of the Andes and we can see the wildlife of our national bird: the rooster of the bright red rocks (Rupicola peruviana). We can also see tangaras, quetzales, trogons and hummingbirds of bright colors and the first monkeys, like woolly monkeys. In the afternoon we arrive at Bamboo Lodge (700m), in this place we will spend the night (double rooms and private bathroom). After dinner the guide will inform you about the activities of the next day.
DAY 02: BAMBOO LODGE – ATALAYA PORT – DORADO LODGE.
Very early we will have our breakfast and then we will continue in our minibus to the port of Atalaya (600 m). On the way we will stop at an animal rescue station and look for orchids and we will also walk along the road to look for monkeys and birds. Then from Atalaya we will sail for 8 hours approx. in a 15-meter motorized canoe along the Alto Madre de Dios River until you reach the lowland rainforest. On this day we enjoy the changing landscape and we have the opportunity to see wildlife along the rocky banks of the river, such as Fasciated Tiger Herons, Kingfisher, Skimmers, Vultures, alligators and some of the 13 species of monkeys that live in Manu. Then we will visit a local town where you can appreciate typical houses and the way of living of this people. In the afternoon we arrive at the Dorado Lodge (“Place of the black spider monkey”; double rooms with private bathroom). At night we will have a night walk to see insects, frogs, snakes, etc. and the main attraction in this lodge, which is a tapir clay lick.
DAY 03: DORADO LODGE – CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE.
After resting and having our breakfast, we leave Dorado Lodge, we leave behind is the relatively clean waters of the Madre de Dios River; to enter the clay waters of the Manu River. At the park ranger station in Limonal we will present our permits to enter the reserve, we will travel for about 5 hours through the Manu River. In the dry season, the sandbanks of the river are loaded with birds that nest and feed the herons, egrets, orinoco geese, terns and skimmers, to name just a few. They will also house sunny black and white alligators and turtles. Hundreds of sand-colored Night jars perch during the day on logs and beaches and there is the possibility of finding a sunny Jaguar, the third largest cat in the world. On several occasions, during the trip we saw the Jaguar in Manu. We will also see some species of primates on this river trip, some red howler monkeys or the smaller squirrel monkeys. After lunch next to the river we arrive at Casa Matsiguenka where we will have the afternoon to explore some of the trails through the pristine rainforest of the area. Before or after dinner, you will have an optional excursion to the forest at night in search of nocturnal creatures. We will spend the night at the Matsiguenka House, a rustic cottage owned by Matsiguenka, with its own exclusive trail system.
About the Casa Matsiguenka
The Casa Matsiguenka is designed using the indigenous people’s building techniques and counts on 12 fully screened twin rooms. Beds are furnished with mosquito nets. There is a private trail system and local Matsiguenka guides will accompany you on the trails (optional). There is an interactive interpretation center and locally made souvenirs are for sale.
DAY 04: CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE – COCHA SALVADOR.
After our breakfast, we will spend the morning in the lake Cocha Salvador and a part of a canoe by the lake observing the animal life of the lake. We can also find an Agami heron or a Sungrebe and brown capuchin monkeys that usually feed on nearby fruits. Then follow me our search for a family of giant otters living here. These are the world’s largest freshwater carnivores, remain common only in Manu, as they have been hunted to extinction in most of their former range. Each animal consumes between 4 and 5 kilos of fish a day and, often, they can be seen eating large fish in logs on the shore of the lake. The rest of the day we will continue along the trails in the area in search of some of the 13 species of monkeys found here. The guide will explain the basics of tropical rainforest ecosystems and point out some of the medicinal plants in the area used by local indigenous groups. In addition we can also see a group of peccaries or wild boar that is here. We will enjoy until sunset, then we will spend the night at the Matsiguenka House.
DAY 05: CASA MATSINGUENKA – COCHA OTORONGO – DORADO LODGE
On this day we will make a quick visit early in the morning through the forest to Cocha Otorongo where we can find troops of monkeys, particularly Woolly and Black Spider Monkeys. We will pay special attention to the life of the plants in this part and we will listen in silence to the whisper of the jungle or the soft sound of the fruits that fall to the floor of the jungle. Then we will visit Cocha Otorongo Lake in a 20-meter observation tower in the rainforest canopy overlooking the lake to observe wildlife. We will also look for a large family of giant otters that inhabit this lake. In the evening we will climb the Alto Madre Dios River until we reach our next Lodge, which is El Dorado, we will arrive around 4:00 to 5:00 pm., where we will spend the night.
DAY 06: DORADO LODGE – SOGA DE ORO LODGE
Today, very early, we will make a birdwatching around the lodge to see the Hary Eagle, which means “expression of Matsiguenka”, a place still unknown. After that, our group will continue their boat trip to our last Soga de Oro Lodge where we can observe more wildlife. Along the travel, we can observe different paths and other types of mammals during our 6-hour trip upstream to the last shelter. The river trip can contain surprises and you have to be aware of any wildlife on the beaches.
DAY 07: PAITITI LODGE – TROCHA FELIPE –MACHUHUASI LAKE.
Leaving the lodge we’ll head up the Felipe´s path where we can see many kind of monkey like, spiders monkeys, brown capuchin monkeys, wooly monkeys and so on, after this visit we go back to our comfortable lodge this lodeg is strategically located, in afternoon we are going to visit the Machuhuasi lake where we are going to do a visiting on catamarans, in this lake we have the oportunity to see many kind of birds like the famous prehistoric bird (Hoatzin) also in this lake we can see capibaras and aligators and other animals. This lake is run by a local conservation group and is a base for scientific birdwatchers research in the area and a cent. We should go back to our lodge in time for dinner and a shower. The evening is set aside to relax or, if you want, to explore a trail through the forest with your guide in search of nocturnal animals. Night at Soga de Oro Lodge.
DAY 08: PAITITI LODGE – CLOUD FOREST –CUSCO.
We will leave from Paititi Lodge early in the morning to see a small parrots Clay lick and then towards the Port Atalaya from here; we will take the van directly to Cusco passing through the Cloud Forest and also trhough the highest point (ACJANACO) where we going to take Lunch and after the lunch we continue until to get to Cusco where we are going to leave in your Hotel or next to this. In Cusco we reach around 5:00 pm.
- Pick up from you hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to go to the Park (First and last day)
- All meals/drinks prepared by private cook (All food on the tour, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs)
- Mineral water and snacks for the whole tour
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide
- A briefing with the guide about the tour the day before the start of the Tour
- Lodges (Private, double, triple, quadruple rooms availables)
- Confortable Matrasses and mosquito nets
- Rubber boots to walk inside the jungle
- Permits and entrances fees to the Manu National Park
- Permits and entrances for the Reserved Zone
- 2 nights inside the Reserved Zone at Casa Matsiguenka Lodge
- Boat to move along the river
- Boat driver and his assistant
- First Aid kit
- Survivor T – Shirt for each member of the group.
- Extra expense if you wish to buy stuff along the tour
- First Breakfast and last dinner.
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number)
- A back pack
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (for the first and last day)
- Bottle of Water
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect Repellent (30% Deet as minimum Recommended)
- Yellow fever vaccine (we have not had any case, but it is advisable to put it to enter the reserved zone of the manu)
- Towel (you can have in every lodge but if you want to bring your own, there is not problema)
- Toilet Paper (Avilable in each lodge)
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Tooth brush and paste,etc)
- Camera with extra bateries (electricity available in some lodges)
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team, (optional)
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2019 – 2020|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|1450 USD$||1400 USD$||1350 USD$||1300 USD$||1250 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONSDear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
RESERVATIONSOnce you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAILIf you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
- Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
- Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
- Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
- To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
- You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
INITIAL DEPOSITTo have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
- For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
- For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
- For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
PAYMENT METHODSDear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
- Through our VISA link: You must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
- Through Bank Account Transfer: Using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
- Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
- Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
- Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
- SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
- Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
- Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
- Receiver’s Name: BRAULIO
- Receiver’s Surname: JARA QUISPE
- Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
- Receiver’s City: CUZCO
- Receiver’s Country: Peru
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Receiver’s ID: 73540509
- Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
THE FINAL PAYMENTYou can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.Note: Once you pay the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
CANCELLATIONSAt any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will have to pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail 2D/1N based in 2 people is 500 $ per person, so the 60% = 300 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 300 $ – 200 = 100 $For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $ For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $ For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $ Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund. Also if someone in your group decide to cancel any tour or trek, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the tour or Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel the tour or trek if the other members of the group wish to continue with the tour or trek. Otherwise the tour or trek will be cancelled.
FORCE MAJEUREWe will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, pandemic, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMSBy booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATESAll prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYERResponsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer:
- a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination.
- b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws.
- c)Declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru.
- d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.