DAY 1: CUSCO – BAMBOO LODGE.
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning in our comfortable bus. Ascending to the high mountain area of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the funeral towers or chullpas of Ninamarca. The bus then descents through the mysterious cloud forest full of beautiful orchids, heliconias and primitive ferns. Stopping to give you an opportunity to witness Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruvian) mating ritual. There are also possibilities to observe the Amazonian Umbrella bird (Cephalopteros Ornatus), Trogons (Trogon sp.) and many more. With luck the only South American bear, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus). In the afternoon we arrive our Bamboo Lodge. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 2: BAMBOO LODGE – DORADO ECOLOGICAL LODGE.
After an early and delicious breakfast, The rest of the day we spend traveling on the Alto Madre de Dios River. On the way you can see a variety of birds, like herons, egrets, kingfishers, and the ever present vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the jungle, King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa). In the afternoon we arrive to Dorado lodge, walks to explore some one of the trails in the area, here we will visit a mammals lick (place where the animals goes for salt, mineral nutrients) with luck we will see tapirs on this area, night in Lodge, showers and toilets available.
DAY 3: DORADO ECOLODGE – CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE.
After breakfast we continue our journey river down (Alto madre de Dios) to our first stop in the Control (Puesto de vigilancia Limonal) and them we continue our trip by boat to Casa Matchiguenca Lodge, but in the way we will aprecite many different kind of animals such as Capybara, peccaries monkeys brilliant birds and the adult Black, white Caiman, or even a pair of Jaguar. Late afternoon we arrive at Casa Machiguenga Lodge, which includes the same amenities while still rustic, cozy and intimate in its surroundings of the Jungle of Manu. Exclusively managed by indigenous Matsiguenka, original caretakers of the Manu wilderness. (Optional Night Walk)
DAY 4: CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE – SALVADOR LAKE – OTORONGO LAKE.
This day we will explore the jungle most of the day, on the way we will appreciate many different kinds of animals; such as tapir, collared peccaries, monkeys, coati, birds such as eagles, parrots, toucans, medicinal plants, flowers, and the giant trees of the jungle. We will have our lunch in the jungle, and follow that we go to visit to beautifull lake; Salvador Lake And Otorongo Lake where we will be travelling in Catamaran and enjoy watching the wild population of the amazin lake such as White, Black Caiman, and the famous Giant Otter. We will return to Casa Matchiguenca Lodge and spend the night here.
DAY 5: CASA MATSIGUENKA LODGE – HARPIA LODGE.
We leave after Breaskfast the Casa Machigenga Lodge to continue our adventure traveling river down to Harpia Lodge On the way if we are very lucky we might see famous Jaguar along the beaches. We will stop at the Native Community of Isla de los Valles (optional), and we are going to appreciate their culture and life style if you are interested in handicrafts and meeting the local people, crafts can be purchased from the people of Isla de los Valles community, after this we take our boat river up (Alto Madre de Dios) to our Harpia Lodge. In the evening we can do a night walkign in order to see more wildlife. We will spend the night here.
DAY 6: HARPIA LODGE – CUSCO.
We will get up early to take our motorized boat river up to Atalaya where our private bus will waiting for us to take us back to Cusco via the cloud forest and Paucartambo. We will arrive back in Cusco in the late afternoon.
- Pick up from you hotel in Cusco
- Private transportation to go to the Park (First and last day)
- All meals/drinks prepared by private cook (All food on the tour, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine -we can accommodate specific dietary needs)
- Mineral water and snacks for the whole tour.
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking guide.
- A briefing with the guide about the tour the day before the start of the Tour.
- Lodges (Private, double, triple, quadruple rooms availables)
- Confortable Matrasses and mosquito nets.
- Rubber boots to walk inside the jungle.
- Permits and entrances fees to the Manu National Park.
- Permits and entrances for the Reserved Zone
- 2 nights inside the Reserved Zone at Casa Matsiguenka Lodge.
- Boat to move along the river.
- . Boat driver and his assistant.
- First Aid kit.
- Survivor T – Shirt for each member of the group.
- Extra expense if you wish to buy stuff along the tour
- First Breakfast and last dinner.
You Need to Bring
- Original Passport
- Travel Insurance card (you have to le tus know the name of your Travel Insurance company and you travel Insurance number)
- A back pack.
- Rain coat or Rain Poncho
- Cold Clothes (for the first and last day)
- Bottle of Water
- Flash Light
- Insect Repellent (30% Deet as minimum Recommended)
- Yellow fever vaccine (we have not had any case, but it is advisable to put it to enter the reserved zone of the manu)
- Towel (you can have in every lodge but if you want to bring your own, there is not problema.)
- Toilet Paper (Avilable in each lodge)
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses
- Caps or Hats
- Rain Pants
- Medicines for Personal Use
- Personal use stuff (Face moisturizer, Handsanitizer, Tooth brush and paste,etc)
- Camera with extra bateries (electricity available in some lodges)
- Extra money, especially in soles, to buy extra necessities during the trekking, also to tip the team. (optional)
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
|PRICES FOR 2018 – 2019|
|Number of People for group:|
|Price USD$ (per person):|
|1200 USD$||1100 USD$||1000 USD$||950 USD$||900 USD$|
Terms and Conditions
LOCAL TREKKERS PERU TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Dear Customer, please before contracting any service with Local Trekkers Peru, we suggest you read carefully these terms and conditions and according to Peruvian travel regulations, when booking a tour or trek with Local Trekkers Peru. You automatically adhere to these regulations which may differ a little from your country of origin that is why we suggest you to read carefully this terms and conditions described below. and if you have any question please don’t hesitate in contacting our staff. After this you are ready to make your formal reservation with us.
Once you have decided to make a formal reservation with Local Trekkers Peru, you must fill out our online reservation form on our website of the tour or trek you wish to do, in which we request the following informations: Full name as it appears on your Passport, (nicknames are not accepted) Passport Number (if you change your Passport Number after booking a tour please le tus know), age, nationality, phone number, gender, email, feeding. Flight dates, time to arrival in Cusco or other city that covers the reserved tour, allergies, medical restrictions, or anything else you think necessary that we should know.
RESERVATIONS FOR THE INCA TRAIL
If you make a reservation for the Inca Trail, keep in mind the following:
– Before reserving the Inca trail, you must make sure of the availability of spaces, for the date you wish to make this trek.
– Once you have chosen a starting date for the trek, you can not change this starting date.
– Permits for the Inca Trail are not transferable to other People.
– To reserve the Inca Trail you must send us a copy or a photo of the passports of each member of your group.
– You must send us a valid passport for the starting date of your trek.
To have a formal reservation for any program, itinerary or tour with Local Trekkers Peru, you need to send us a deposit as follows:
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Alternative Trek = 200 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Inca Trail to Machu Picchu + Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain = 270 $ american dollars per person.
– For any Amazon Jungle Trip = 200 $ american dollars per person
– For any Peru Package = 40 % of the total Price of the Package.
– For any other tour = 200 $ american dollars per person.
BEAR IN MIND: All deposits to formalize a tour, trek or a program are not refundable or transferable to another person.
Dear Customer Local Trekkers Peru offers you 3 payment methods to make your initial deposit or to pay the remaining of the total Price of the tour, trek or program booked, these methods are detailed below:
– Through our VISA link: you must clikc on our VISA link on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add 6 % of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit Visa cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 03 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Paypal: You must click on our Paypal payment button on our website and follow the steps and using this method you need to add the 8% of the total amoung paid. Through this method all credits and debit cards are accepted. Remember using this method it takes 07 working days to have your payment in our Bank Account.
– Through Bank Account Transfer: using this method you need to add the 5% of the total amoung sent and we need 4 working days to have your payment in our bank account. Following we detail the information of our bank account:
Name of Bank: Banco de Credito del Peru
Account Number: (US$ dollars): 2852477020100
Account Name: Local Trekkers Peru E.I.R.L.
SWIFT CODE: BCPLPEPL
Emergency phone Vía BCP: +51 01 4581230
Bank Address: Av. El sol 189
– Through Western Union Money Transfer: You can use this method if you want to save time and if you want to act as son as possible to have a tour, trek or program very well booked, this method is recomendable when booking the Inca Trail due spaces for this are sold very fast, WU. Has rates for sending money abroad the rates depend on the country from which you are sending the money. Remember to send a deposit through WU. You need to send it under the name of a person, WU will only ask for the first name and last name, then they will give you a MTCN control Number (10 numbers) that you need to le tus know to be able to collect your payment. Following we detalied the informations of our General Manager to whom the payment of your deposit should be directed.
Receiver’s Name: ANA
Receiver’s Surname: QQUERAR CRUZ
Receiver’s Address: Suecia Street 368 (Plaza de Armas Cusco – Peru)
Receiver’s City: CUZCO
Receiver’s Country: Peru
Receiver’s ID: 75944208
Phone numbers: mobile +51 943427160
(just in case, QQUERAR is his paternal name and CRUZ is his maternal name)
THE FINAL PAYMENT
You can do your final payment, 15 days before your starting date of your tour, trek or program, you can use one of the 4 payment methods described above, also you can pay your final payment 5 days before your starting date here in Cusco, it can be in cash, credit or debit cards.
Note: Once you paid the final payment of the total Price, if for some reason you decide to cancel you tour, trek or program, you will only be refunded 50 % of the final payment.
At any time, the customer / buyer may cancel the services requested or contracted without the right to any refund of the deposit made. The customer only has the right to reimbursement of 50 percent if he made the final payment of the total price. According to our experience a certain percentage of reservations are canceled by the client before starting the program due to unforeseen circumstances. The penalties for cancellations is detailed below.
For the Inca Trail Classic: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very strict, if you or someone in your group wishes to cancel the Inca Trail reservation, you will haveto pay a penalty of 60% of the total price. For example the cost for the Inca Trail based in 2 people is 650 $ per person, so the 60% = 390 $ if you sent a deposit of 200 $ the penalty will be 390 $ – 200 = 190 $
For the Inca Trail 2D/1N: Due the regulations of the Inca Trail are very stricts and we need to get all the necesary things very well booked in advance. If someone in your group decide to cancel this Inca Trail, he or her has to pay the total amount of the Price of the Trek if not the other members of the group are obliged to pay the total price of the trek for the person who will cancel this trek.
For Alternative Treks: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any alternative trek, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the cost for the Salkantay Trek based in 2 people is 450 $ per person, so the 50% = 225 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ the penalty will be 225 $ – 150 = 75 $
For Peru Packages: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any Peru Package, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example if some Peru Package based in 2 people cost 1500 $ per person, so the 50% = 750 $ if you sent a deposit of 40% of the total price in this case will be 600 $ so the penalty will be 750 $ – 600 = 150 $
For any other Tour or Program: If you or someone in your group wishes to cancel any other tour or program, you have to pay a penalty of 50% of the total price. For example the Machu Picchu by Train 2D/1N based in 2 people cost 480 $ per person, so the 50% = 240 $ if you sent a deposit of 150 $ so the penalty will be 240 $ – 150 = 90 $
Note: you have until 15 days before the start date of your tour to make any type of cancellation mentioned above. after 15 days if you wish to make any type of cancellation of your tour you will have to pay the total price of the tour, trek or program booked and you have no right to any kind of refund.
We will retain the full amount and Local Trekkers Peru are not responsible for failure to submit the customer on account of delay or cancellation of your flight. The company is not liable for damage to or loss of luggage, accidents, unforeseen expenses, and unavoidable delays, services provided by third parties or direct causes beyond our control. In the unfortunate event of no show due to unforeseen reasons, the company will provide a certificate to the client for processing with your insurance company. This is any event that Local Trekkers Peru cannot even with all care, foresee or avoid. This covers events such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or all similar events beyond our control. In this case, Local Trekkers Peru will not accept liability and reserves the right to change, postpone or even cancel trips (this is a last option of course!).
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR TOURS, TREKS OR PROGRAMS
By booking any of our tour, trek or program (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek, Ausangate Trek, Choquequirao Trek, Lares Trek, Manu Jungle Trips and more) you assume the risks associated with these tours, treks or programs, Local Trekkers Peru Company accepts no responsibility associated with the risks that these tours, walks or programs may have. (Accidents, strikes, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others) in addition, Local Trekkers Peru we exonerate ourselves from liability in relation to legal matters or other inconveniences in which the Custoomer may be involved, as well as personal expenses incurred by the passenger for this cause.
PRICES AND RATES
All prices and rates presented to the customer / buyer in our website are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notice. Restrictions and conditions apply for each tariff published according to its validity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER OR BUYER
Responsibilities and demonstrations of the Custoomer: a) Verify that your passport has a minimum validity required for your trip according to the country of destination. b) The Customer declares that he has no restriction on leaving the country for criminal offenses, as provided in Peruvians Laws. c) declare to have been informed and to have received, understood and accepted all the Terms, conditions and restrictions on services and products provided by Local Trekkers Peru. d) Accept in full these terms and conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOCAL TREKKERS PERU
Local Trekkers Peru are responsible for complying with everything offered in our tours, treks, programs and tourist packages, described on our website, in addition to giving all the information required by the client. In case of force majeure, Local Trekkers Peru, will do everything in our power to help our clients to solve any inconvenience.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Local Trekkers Peru, reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.